Beta directory does not display photos already there

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
billybob00-p40

Beta directory does not display photos already there

Post by billybob00-p40 »

Is the new beta directory supposed to take existing photos uploaded in the current unit web site and transfer them over? Because I have photos for over half my ward, and when I access the directory on the beta site, none are there.

Also, any ETA when members will be able to upload their own photos?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LUWS had one photo per family. The new one is one photo per person. Except for the YSA/SA, there's really no way to "bring them over".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
billybob00-p40

Post by billybob00-p40 »

ha, actually mine is a YSA ward... but its not working
oh, and what is LUWS?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that it would work - it's just that the idea wouldn't work except for the singles.

As a result, I doubt if any transfer ability was created. The time spent developing it would be better spent on features. Besides, most singles would probably rather have the photo updated anyway. ;)

LUWS = Local Unit Web Site
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I just received this in answer to a query I made.... Maybe this will partly answer your question. (And I wasn't "complaining." I just asked a question.)

"You submitted a complaint on February 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM:
I am a stake administrator so I was checking out some of the wards and found that no photos are showing except in my own ward where I am also the administrator..

LDS Church responded on February 23, 2010 at 2:11 PM as follows:
only ward admins can upload photos at this time ... in a future release (April), users will be able to upload their own photos. Spread the word about the beta.lds.org/directory in early May & you should see more photos being uploaded."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RussellHltn wrote:LUWS had one photo per family. The new one is one photo per person. Except for the YSA/SA, there's really no way to "bring them over".
It appears my earlier statement was incorrect. Looking again, the placeholders are "per couple".

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:It appears my earlier statement was incorrect. Looking again, the placeholders are "per couple".
And in the leadership directory it is "per person".
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”