Messages from the LUWS Admin

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Messages from the LUWS Admin

Post by lajackson »

In one of our units, we have assigned a new LUWS admin. He has the checkmark to receive notifications and is the functioning person.

The former admin is still listed and serves in a support role to the new admin as he learns his duties.

All of the broadcast messages are coming from the former admin instead of the new admin. How do we change that. His name, alphabetically, comes first.

But, shouldn't the admin who handles the notifications and approves and sends them to the site be the one from whom the messages toll?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:But, shouldn't the admin who handles the notifications and approves and sends them to the site be the one from whom the messages toll?
I would expect broadcasts to come from the person who initiated it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

lajackson wrote:All of the broadcast messages are coming from the former admin instead of the new admin.
Are you saying that when any admin sends a broadcast message that the admin marked as the admin to receive notifications is listed in the message as the sender of the message?
lajackson wrote:But, shouldn't the admin who handles the notifications and approves and sends them to the site be the one from whom the messages toll?
Broadcast messages should have the admin's e-mail address who actually sent the broadcast message as the sender.

The admin marked to receive notifications is the admin who will receive feedback messages from LUWS users.

Of course that is how it worked in the past. With the changes related to standard callings it may be that the person listed as the website administrator in MLS/CDOL may now be the one whose e-mail address is listed as the sender for broadcast messages. I would be interesting to hear if there has been a change.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BTW, something I've noticed since the 14th - I no longer get LUWS messages at my email listed in the LUWS profile.

Instead, they are arriving at the email listed in my LDS Account profile.

My LUWS profile email is still showing in the LUWS member directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:Are you saying that when any admin sends a broadcast message that the admin marked as the admin to receive notifications is listed in the message as the sender of the message?
No. All messages originate from the admin listed first alphabetically, not the sender or the admin marked to receive notifications.
jdlessley wrote:With the changes related to standard callings it may be that the person listed as the website administrator in MLS/CDOL may now be the one whose e-mail address is listed as the sender for broadcast messages. I would be interesting to hear if there has been a change.
I had not thought of that. I did not realize there was such a person in MLS. I guess I should have, since it is becoming such a connected world.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:No. All messages originate from the admin listed first alphabetically, not the sender [...]
That sounds like a bug.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdlessley wrote:With the changes related to standard callings it may be that the person listed as the website administrator in MLS/CDOL may now be the one whose e-mail address is listed as the sender for broadcast messages. I would be interesting to hear if there has been a change.
I checked in MLS for that ward. A website administrator (which does appear to be a standard calling) is not specified.

If LUWS is looking in CDOL for that position to determine who the LUWS broadcast message should come from, there is nothing to find. And if that is the case, the poor guy whose name begins with A is fingered as the suspect.

Question: Is this how it is working? To change website administrators, do we have to get the clerk to go into MLS and update the standard position there, if we want to make sure that the guy getting the notifications is the guy sending out the messages?

Question: Shouldn't we be able to set this in LUWS? For example, shouldn't the message originate from the person who is logged into LUWS doing the work?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:For example, shouldn't the message originate from the person who is logged into LUWS doing the work?
That's what I'd think. I can't see how it would be a feature to claim a message is coming from someone other then the person creating or at last approving the message. It would be one thing if it came from "Ward Website Admin", but it's coming from a personal address - apparently without authorization from that person.

techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:That sounds like a bug.
This would definitely get my attention. I can imagine the confusion if a message were broadcast stake-wide regarding an upcoming activity. Anyone with a question would be contacting someone other than the individual who transmitted the message.

Question: Has this been reported as a bug?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I was hoping they would notice, but I've reported it now.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”