LDSTech Forum Uses LDS Account

The latest forum news and information
McDanielCA

LDSTech Forum Uses LDS Account

Post by McDanielCA »

LDS Account provides you with a single user name and password to interact with online LDS Church resources. LDS Account will become the primary authentication method for most Church sites and applications.

The LDSTech forums will be switching to LDS Account in the near future. To help prepare for this migration, we need you to visit the LDSTech Forum Account Migration page to move your forum account to LDS Account. You will have 4 weeks to make this migration.

People with LDSTech Forum user names and passwords will be prompted to enter their LDS Account information to create the link. Those who do not associate their LDSTech Forum account with an LDS Account will have their forum accounts disabled.

To obtain an LDS Account, visit the Register for an LDS Account page. Members of the Church will need their member registration number (MRN) and birth date. If you don’t know your MRN, ask your ward or branch clerk for your Individual Ordinance Summary. If you are temple endowed, your MRN can be found on the back of your temple recommend.

Individuals who are not members of the Church are also invited to register for an LDS Account. You will not need any membership information for this. Visit the Non-member LDS Account Registration page.

If you are a member of the Church and you don’t know your membership information, we ask that you do not sign up as a non-member.

Please send an e-mail to LDS-TECH@ldschurch.orgif you need help.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

For those short of memory (like myself), LDS Account is the same as what the Local Unit Website (ward/stake website) has been using for the last several months.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justincy

Post by justincy »

It seems as though dashes are required when entering the membership number. If this is true it should be specified.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Gustaf wrote:It seems as though dashes are required when entering the membership number. If this is true it should be specified.
No, dashes are not required. They are allowed, but are not necessary; 001-2345-6789 works just the same as 00123456789. That's probably why there is no mention of the issue.
iamdavid

Post by iamdavid »

I 'migrated' or 'cross associated' with no hassles at all.
Very simple. Still smiling.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Account migration was OK, but when I tried to log in, it would not work, so I went to the 'Micgration' page mentioned above and wentt hrough it again but it didn't take saying the migration had already taken place.

Given that, tried to sign in with the LDS Account again, and vBulletin threw an error message again. Still can't sign in with LDS Account.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

JamesAnderson wrote:Account migration was OK, but when I tried to log in, it would not work, so I went to the 'Micgration' page mentioned above and wentt hrough it again but it didn't take saying the migration had already taken place.

Given that, tried to sign in with the LDS Account again, and vBulletin threw an error message again. Still can't sign in with LDS Account.
The forum isn't yet using the LDS account. The migration page is one step in that direction. Until the complete transition is in place, you won't be able to login using the LDS account.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

That's good, there are some others who would have thought it was a bug too.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Hope the forum doesn't require login/password every session.

Post by rmrichesjr »

One hope/wish I have is that the forum doesn't require login/password every browser session. It would be very inconvenient for me if it did. I access the forum only at the same secured home computer, and currently it appears a persistent cookie remembers me. Because of my native paranoia, I use a separate browser session for each site at which I need to enter an "important" password, including LDS Account. Having to enter the password each time to access the forum would mean opening and closing a lot more browser sessions.
iknovate

Post by iknovate »

Maybe it's just me, but I've even copied my existing forum password to the migration utility and it still claims that something is wrong with my TechForum login/password (even though I can log into the forum fine). And (ahem!) there are no feedback loops or other means by which to secure help in the matter either...making the page a 'dead end' for this scenario (cardinal sin of design).

Return to “Announcements & Policies”