Printed Quarterly Report cuts off lines in MLS 3.1.5

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
jwtaber

Printed Quarterly Report cuts off lines in MLS 3.1.5

Post by jwtaber »

In my stake's case, anyway, we have fifteen units so most of the categories take up two or three lines. Printing the report, I get just through the first half line of category 13 on the first page, meaning categories 13-15 are missing or illegible on the printed copy. I also lose the footnote, the copyright date, and the date printed on the first page (for what that matters to me); that line gets cut in half on the second page.

I've tried fiddling with column width and the like, but all that seems to get reset in Print Preview (which shows the entire respective pages spilling out of the frame). Would it be possible to include a shrink to fit option here? I'd even be willing to have pages 1A and 1B, then 2A and 2B so the columns have a little more breathing room.

Any ideas for dealing with this in the meantime?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

A couple of thoughts for a work around:

Legal sized paper

Print to PDF and then see what you can do when you print the PDF.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:A couple of thoughts for a work around:

Legal sized paper

Print to PDF and then see what you can do when you print the PDF.
We noticed the same problem today. The report is also cutoff in PDF, so that does not work. We have not tried different sized paper.

The problem seems to be that lines have been added to the report, but consideration was not given to the fact that extra lines would take extra space on the paper.

The display on the screen in MLS is goofed up, as well.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

JTaber wrote:Any ideas for dealing with this in the meantime?
We copied the data into a spreadsheet, but all of the column and row titles are missing, and had to be reentered by hand. A pain.
danpass

Post by danpass »

lajackson wrote:We noticed the same problem today. The report is also cutoff in PDF, so that does not work. We have not tried different sized paper.
Until this problem is fixed, another option would be to adjust the PDF page size. You would at least be able to view the entire page in Adobe Reader.

If you have CutePDF Writer installed, do the following:

1. Select CutePDF Writer in the Print dialog.
  2. Click on the Properties button in order to get to the CutePDF Writer Document Properties dialog.
  3. Near the lower right corner of this dialog, click on the Advanced button.
  4. This will open the Advanced Options dialog.
  5. The Paper Size drop-down menu has a large number of options that should accommodate this report, including a PostScript Custom Page Size option.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

danpass wrote:Until this problem is fixed, another option would be to adjust the PDF page size. You would at least be able to view the entire page in Adobe Reader.

This did not work for us. One of the problems is that the report is landscaped, so MLS needs to think the paper is wider than 8-1/2 inches.

When I set the paper as B-size (11 x 17 inches) MLS still cut off the lines and failed to display them. It still tried to cram everything into the 8-1/2 by 11 format.

We are still willing to try any other proposed workarounds until the problem is fixed in MLS.

Return to “Reports and Forms”