Test Data for NFS Program

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
techgy
Community Moderators

Test Data for NFS Program

Post by techgy »

When attempting to train new users, it would be helpful if the New Family Search program (NFS) had a test database that could be used. This would permit experimentation and learning w/o the danger of a user's actual data.

Has this ever been considered? During the beta period experimental databases were available. Could something like this be implemented as a test database?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ask and ye shall receive. I just got a email stating that consultants have access to such a site.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:Ask and ye shall receive. I just got a email stating that consultants have access to such a site.
I'd like to be able to state that I was inspired when I made the suggestion, but I don't think I can take that much credit. Anyway, great news! I checked and I have the same Email notice.

We're finishing up a 3 week Family History class this coming Sunday so this new resource will be great for an ending session as well as our next go-around.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Family History”