sign in/reporting SW for Bishops Storehouse etc

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
big2thumbs-p40

sign in/reporting SW for Bishops Storehouse etc

Post by big2thumbs-p40 »

As a bishop, I have the responsibility to ensure that those receiving monetary help work for it in some way. I often send such recipients to the Bishops Storehouse or Deseret Industries to do voluntary work.
To follow up with them, I have to physically go to the facility to go through pages of volunteer sign-in sheets or have then return with a signed letter from the manager. The first option is of course very time consuming. The second option puts additional burdens on the managers and can have other complications (that I won't go into now) with the volunteers .

It would be nice if volunteers typed their name on a computer at the check in desk and selected their ward from a pull-down list of all the wards served by that Storehouse or DI (or other volunteer facility). Then clicked on their name at the end of their shift to log them out. At the end of every day, an email would be sent to the bishops whose ward units were selected, of who volunteered and how long they worked. This seems like a fairly straightforward and relatively simple program to write.

It is my understanding that something like this was done in the past but was all manually entered and therefore stopped.
big2thumbs-p40

Post by big2thumbs-p40 »

One other thing I forgot to mention is that the logs can be kept at the facility and used at a later date. For example, a bishop (without email) could request to see how often Jane Doe worked. A search feature in the SW could list all the dates and times Jane worked.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”