FHC Telephone

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

FHC Telephone

Post by lajackson »

Who is supposed to be paying the phone bill for the Family History Center? This is in reference to the telephone you talk on.

Is it a reimbursable expense? The stake handles the finances for this particular FHC, and there was a question recently about it.

Thanks.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

lajackson wrote:Who is supposed to be paying the phone bill for the Family History Center? This is in reference to the telephone you talk on.

Is it a reimbursable expense? The stake handles the finances for this particular FHC, and there was a question recently about it.

Thanks.
I spoke with the director of our regional FH center this morning to try and answer your question. She told me that it's recent policy that the FM group is supposed to be paying the bill.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Techgy wrote:I spoke with the director of our regional FH center this morning to try and answer your question. She told me that it's recent policy that the FM group is supposed to be paying the bill.

I knew this was true for the DSL/Internet connection. I had not heard that this was the policy for the regular telephone, as well.

I wonder if this is a recent policy, and if it would also apply to a stake FHC?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

lajackson wrote:I knew this was true for the DSL/Internet connection. I had not heard that this was the policy for the regular telephone, as well.

I wonder if this is a recent policy, and if it would also apply to a stake FHC?
Good question. To confirm, I specifically mentioned that the question was in regards to the phone line and not the DSL line. The director I spoke with is over a regional center, but the facility is housed in a stake center and not standing by itself. Have you asked the stake leadership or the FM manager?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I know the way it used to be is that our stake paid for our stake FHC's phone. I believe they were able to get reimbursed - at least for the basic phone charge.

I don't know if it changed.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

RussellHltn wrote:I know the way it used to be is that our stake paid for our stake FHC's phone. I believe they were able to get reimbursed - at least for the basic phone charge.

I don't know if it changed.
From what I was told this morning, the change was recent. I didn't ask just how recent.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Who is supposed to be paying the phone bill for the Family History Center? This is in reference to the telephone you talk on.

The phone in our FHC is paid for exactly like all the other phones in our various buildings -- it appears on an in internal invoice, similar to Distribution Center charges, and it is charged to the Other category on the Stake's Church Unit Financial Statement, and immediately reimbursed. So there is no cost to the stake. This has been the case for years, and certainly was still true as of January.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Now the question is, what happens if the phone line is also the DSL link for the center - and the bill is combined phone/internet?

Long time ago it was the stake that paid for FHC Internet. But then it was changed to the FM group. Your group may have finally got around to making the transfer. I'm not sure ours has.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:The phone in our FHC is paid for exactly like all the other phones in our various buildings -- it appears on an in internal invoice, similar to Distribution Center charges, and it is charged to the Other category on the Stake's Church Unit Financial Statement, and immediately reimbursed. So there is no cost to the stake. This has been the case for years, and certainly was still true as of January.
Out here in the hinterland, we still get regular phone bills (by the dozens). The stake pays them under Other and is reimbursed.

I asked the question because the Finance department challenged the charge for the FHC phone line this month. I am trying to figure out if there has been a policy change.

Techgy, what recent change are you referring to?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Now the question is, what happens if the phone line is also the DSL link for the center - and the bill is combined phone/internet?

Long time ago it was the stake that paid for FHC Internet. But then it was changed to the FM group. Your group may have finally got around to making the transfer. I'm not sure ours has.
The FM group has been paying our DSL bill for some time now. The phone line and the DSL are billed separately.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”