Leader Postions by Outside Members

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

Leader Postions by Outside Members

Post by kalnius »

I wasn't sure how to title this one.

My ward has a YW organization that has a first counselor from another ward and a combined Laurel/MIA Maid class advisor from another ward.

We combind youth activities frequently.

How do I enter the outside members in these positions in MLS? MLS appears to only allow ward members to fill positions, as the only choice is to pull from the ward list.

Any suggestions?
BKO
Stake Executive Secretary
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

I just reviewed another post I made on a similar subject and found that Alan Brown gave me a link to the wiki on out of unit records. I think this will give me the info I need, thanks.
BKO
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

That'll do the trick. You want to create an out-of-unit member record. You don't have to have all the info of the original record to put the person in the calling, but be sure to get all the info you want to have on them.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks Cris.
BKO
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

crislapi wrote:That'll do the trick. You want to create an out-of-unit member record. You don't have to have all the info of the original record to put the person in the calling, but be sure to get all the info you want to have on them.

I recently did this and it worked perfectly to add "temporary" ward members. The only problem was that as these names started showing up on all the member directories, the Priesthood and Relief Society began to ask questions about these "new" ward members who were unassigned for HT and VT. I resolved this by printing out a list of these "new" people and giving it to all the leaders. Since they are still officially members of a neighboring unit, they will still have HT and VT assignments from that unit.

Return to “Membership Help”