Touch screen scriptures

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
mykmills-p40

Touch screen scriptures

Post by mykmills-p40 »

Hello all. I've been on an unsuccessful quest to find a good touch screen version of the scriptures. I have an HP TouchSmart laptop and like to use it to read my scriptures (in tablet mode). I've tried the Church's official software (circa 2001) as well as the software from ldsscriptures.com and good ol' PDF format. None of them operate like I'd want them to. I'm looking for software that's just like the iPod Touch (my son likes to show off his scripture search speed); something that is more touch touch touch and less touch search wait.

If anyone knows of any such projects, I'd really appreciate a link or two.

TIA
Myk
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mykmills wrote:Hello all. I've been on an unsuccessful quest to find a good touch screen version of the scriptures. I have an HP TouchSmart laptop and like to use it to read my scriptures (in tablet mode). I've tried the Church's official software (circa 2001) as well as the software from ldsscriptures.com and good ol' PDF format. None of them operate like I'd want them to. I'm looking for software that's just like the iPod Touch (my son likes to show off his scripture search speed); something that is more touch touch touch and less touch search wait.

If anyone knows of any such projects, I'd really appreciate a link or two.

TIA
Myk
The key to your question is that you are looking for a non-mobile phone/PDA touch screen app, and I'm not sure I've heard of any like that as of yet. All the ones I've heard of are designed for smaller, mobile devices.
matthewmidgley

Post by matthewmidgley »

You could just wait for the iPad to come out! It would be a costly upgrade though, not really what you're looking for.
mykmills-p40

Post by mykmills-p40 »

themidge wrote:You could just wait for the iPad to come out! It would be a costly upgrade though, not really what you're looking for.
LoL yeah. the ipad is too costly to be worth it. for that same $850 i have an HP TouchSmart Tx2 laptop. sure there's no "apps" but it's a full blown computer ;)
matthewmidgley

Post by matthewmidgley »

Any luck with scriptures.lds.org?

Downside is that you'd need an internet connection.

Return to “General Discussions”