Income and expense report

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
rexgj

Income and expense report

Post by rexgj »

I'm unclear why in the Income and Expense Report, the totals in the "summary" screen do not always equal the totals in the "detail" report; namely, Ward Missionary, but sometimes Young Men, or Young Women also appear with different totals in the two screens. Is there an explanation for this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rexgj wrote:I'm unclear why in the Income and Expense Report, the totals in the "summary" screen do not always equal the totals in the "detail" report; namely, Ward Missionary, but sometimes Young Men, or Young Women also appear with different totals in the two screens. Is there an explanation for this?
Here are some possibilities:
  • Make sure that the date ranges are exactly the same.
  • For Ward Missionary, check to see if there are any funds in the Missionary category (this really shouldn't be used anymore, but some wards have some funds that have been sitting in that category for years). That doesn't really explain what you mention for a Ward Missionary subcategory, but it might affect the overall totals.
  • For Young Men or Young Women, these are typically Budget categories. I would never use an Income and Expense report for Budget categories; it really doesn't make sense. Use the Budget report instead, which incorporates the Budget Allocation -- a key factor in the Budget categories that doesn't appear on an Income and Expense report.

Return to “General Discussions”