Outside North America

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
cottrells

Outside North America

Post by cottrells »

What is the progress on extending the facility of running local unit websites to areas outside the USA and Canada? LDS.org.uk has recently had a facelift driven by the Public Affairs department, but we are still waiting anxiously in the hope that we will be able to use the web as an additional channel of informing and uplifting the saints.
ShellineSE

Post by ShellineSE »

A project to rewrite the Local Unit Web Sites has not been initiated, so it is unknown when new features will be available.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't so much a rewrite or new features that I was hoping for - just a wider roll-out of what is already available.
ShellineSE

Post by ShellineSE »

Unfortunately, the worldwide rollout is tied to the rewrite of LUWS, since we aren't doing any more development on the V6/Tcl platform on which LUWS was built and serving up the site from HQ for a worldwide Church isn't tenable anyway.
daztrue

International Unit sites planned

Post by daztrue »

I thought you'd be interested in this. When beta.lds.org was first launched an article went in to detail about it, stating that "Future plans for the site include[d]...international stake and ward Web sites". It also has a PDF link which gives insight on new features and future plans, which is interesting and may also shed light on issues brought up in some of the other forums. Don't be fooled by the current link to the old unit pages; I'm sure I've read something else about the expansion of unit sites. Although I'd also be interested to know when that may be - and whether or not it would also be possible (as far as the UK is concerned) to access the feature from lds.org.uk.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

daztrue wrote:I thought you'd be interested in this. When beta.lds.org was first launched an article went in to detail about it, stating that "Future plans for the site include[d]...international stake and ward Web sites". It also has a PDF link which gives insight on new features and future plans, which is interesting and may also shed light on issues brought up in some of the other forums. Don't be fooled by the current link to the old unit pages; I'm sure I've read something else about the expansion of unit sites. Although I'd also be interested to know when that may be - and whether or not it would also be possible (as far as the UK is concerned) to access the feature from lds.org.uk.
A team is being put together to work on a new version of LUWS. They will take all of the suggestions and comments found on these forums as well as through other means in defining their product. There is not a time frame set as of yet.

Tom
svenl-p40

Post by svenl-p40 »

tomw wrote:A team is being put together to work on a new version of LUWS. They will take all of the suggestions and comments found on these forums as well as through other means in defining their product. There is not a time frame set as of yet.

Tom

Is there any news about the new LUWS version?
The Church ins now bigger outside the States so we are many that's waiting for this. It's noo good way to inform the members today about activities if you not a part of that organization. Stake/Ward web sites is a good way to do this.

/Sven (Sweden)
:cool:
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

svenl wrote:Is there any news about the new LUWS version?
The Church ins now bigger outside the States so we are many that's waiting for this. It's noo good way to inform the members today about activities if you not a part of that organization. Stake/Ward web sites is a good way to do this.

/Sven (Sweden)
:cool:
I have no new news yet. Unfortunately this project seems to be taking a long time getting off of the ground.

Tom

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”