LDS Employment Jobs no longer available to non-members?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Michael_Newman

Post by Michael_Newman »

I am trying to help a couple of non-member sons and daughters (out-of-state) of church members in my unit to find employment.

I went to www.ldsjobs.org and it states that jobs in a stake are not open to view to any non member.

I went to www.providentliving.org and none of the search engines for any of the major cities are providing me with any results to help anyone.

So either I am behind-the-times, or the search engines are working without me understanding how to make them work, or maybe non-members can no longer see jobs short of getting in their car and driving to an employment center. Or maybe I am having an off-day. ;)

Any ideas?

Michael
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I haven't kept up with the situation, but the Employment Center may be an area where the church has to be careful they don't compete with private enterprise.

Keep in mind that LDS Accounts are available to non-members, so simply requiring an account doesn't necessarily exclude non-members.

Hopefully someone knows the complete story. One possibility is that services are available to non-members with approval from the local Bishop. But as I say, I'm far way from that part of the church. If you don't get an answer here, I'd call your local Employment Center - they should be able to tell you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
justmiles

Post by justmiles »

Try looking here

https://betajobs.lds.org

I know my area (Colorado Springs, CO) just changed to this new program where all the job postings are online rather than a mass email from the Employment Center.

Justin
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

K0JFM wrote:Try looking here

https://betajobs.lds.org
That goes to the exact same place. At this point, the following URLs are all equivalent:
So thanks for the hint, but I think we're all talking about the same site.

Return to “General Discussions”