Officer Sustained Form not populating RS Presidency

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jasonpanderson

Officer Sustained Form not populating RS Presidency

Post by jasonpanderson »

I printed the "officers sustained form" and all looked good except entire RS presidency was not populated. Believing this may have been due to non-standard callings used instead of std callings created by MLS, I deleted the RS President position, and re-created with the std position title in MLS, re-printed the report, but the President did not populate. I did not recreate the callings for counselors, secretary, assistants. I just read a few other threads for similar issues that seem to suggest that an error in one calling may affect others. There may be a non-standard calling (Assistant to Presidency) listed in the Presidency callings section...is that significant? Any advice?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

janderson wrote:I deleted the RS President position, and re-created with the std position title in MLS, re-printed the report, but the President did not populate.
You said that you "re-printed the report," but you didn't say that you regenerated it. MLS will fill in the blanks for all the callings when you open the Officers Sustained Form. But if you make changes to callings while that form is still open in MLS, those changes will not be automatically reflected. You have to close the Officers Sustained Form and then open it again, in order for the changes to appear on the form.
janderson wrote:There may be a non-standard calling (Assistant to Presidency) listed in the Presidency callings section...is that significant? Any advice?
The presence of any non-standard callings should not affect the linkage to the Officers Sustained Form, as long as the required callings have been entered with standard callings.
jasonpanderson

Post by jasonpanderson »

The report was regenerated without success. I closed the report (and all other open tabs), deleted the RS President position entirely, recreated the position from the standard callings in MLS, repopulated the correct person into the position, then regenerated the report--but the entire RS Presidency fields were still blank. I printed the same Officers Sustained form last January with the same RS president and counselors, and it populated correctly. Any other thoughts?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

janderson wrote:Any other thoughts?

Type them in for Sunday ward conference and submit a bug report to MLS Support? Sorry I do not have any better idea at this point, unless you try calling the help desk first.
jpapke-p40

Sustaining sheet issues

Post by jpapke-p40 »

Just to add to the list, we have had some of our ward clerks run into the same problem only instead of the RS presidency it was some of the youth presidencies. When they print the callings by org report everything is fine but the sustaining sheet never picked them up. We finally gave up and hand typed in the missing positions.. :-(

Jeff Papke
robert747

wardcluck

Post by robert747 »

Add me too. The sustaining list won't print one YM quorum and my name as Ward Clerk. How humiliating :(
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lindabelle wrote:Add me too. The sustaining list won't print one YM quorum and my name as Ward Clerk. How humiliating :(
I'm not sure why the list doesn't populate with the callings (I'm assuming you added everyone with the Standard callings, not custom callings).

But regardless of how the fields are populated, you can always enter the names by hand into the appropriate entry fields. Then they will print on the form properly.
mmacconnell

Post by mmacconnell »

We are running the new 3.1.5 and our Officer's Sustained list is having the same problem with the Relief Society callings. They are all entered using the standard callings. All of the other sections are populating fine. We had this problem under 3.1.4 but were hoping that the release of 3.1.5 might fix it.
LTORDUSA1-p40

Other Population Problems

Post by LTORDUSA1-p40 »

The Stake Clerk notified me that my ward has two Ward Clerks, myself and the released Ward Clerk along with other callings not showing in the Stake's callings listing when they do show in my ward's callings listing. Any solutions? Also I have a sister who show having a stake calling in the ward's list but does not have it in the stake's list, therefore, I cannot delete the calling.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

LTORDUSA1 wrote:The Stake Clerk notified me that my ward has two Ward Clerks, myself and the released Ward Clerk along with other callings not showing in the Stake's callings listing when they do show in my ward's callings listing. Any solutions?
Could you please clarify what you mean? This thread deals with the Officers Sustained Form, but it's impossible to have two Ward Clerks on that form. So I don't see how your stake clerk could possibly be referring to that.

Another possibility is the Ward Leadership report in stake MLS, but as far as I know there is only one slot for a Ward Clerk there, too.

Another place the stake clerk might be referring to is the CDOL. I imagine it's possible (although I would hope not likely) to have multiple ward clerks listed there. My guess is that he's referring to that.
LTORDUSA1 wrote:Also I have a sister who show having a stake calling in the ward's list but does not have it in the stake's list, therefore, I cannot delete the calling.
Where exactly are you seeing this sister showing up as having a stake calling? Are you saying that she doesn't actually have a stake calling now? How are you trying to delete the calling? What happens when you try?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”