Records clean up task.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kinggrunt wrote:In the past, some stakes have used PC Anywhere to access ward computers from a remote site for diagnostic purposes. If stake leaders want to continue to do this, they will be responsible to purchase their own software.\

This is from a letter to in 2005 i believe to all stakes.

It does say to take security measures when remote access software is in use. Therefore is it allowed? I really need to be made clear on it.
The only allowance is "for diagnostic purposes." I don't see how the purpose you are describing could possibly be called "diagnostic purposes."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kinggrunt wrote:This is from a letter to in 2005 i believe to all stakes.
The letter you are referring to is the 2005 "Policies and Guidelines for Computers Used by Clerks for Church Record Keeping".

It has been superseded by the 2009 version which contains no such language. The 2009 version claims that remote software can be downloaded from mls.lds.org. The closest I know of is LANDesk which would allow CHQ to remote into the computer. If you wish to pursue that angle, then I'd suggest a call to clerk support to clarify what is available.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”