Facilities Maintenance Requests and Tracking

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
heyring

Facilities Maintenance Requests and Tracking

Post by heyring »

Being the newly called High Councilor over facilities, it would sure be nice to have an online tool for submitting maintenance requests to the FM group, and to be able to see the status of those requests.

Better yet - it would be nice for the Agent Bishops to be able to enter their requests at the ward level and have them routed to me, and then for me to be able to route them to the FM group.

Thoughts? Does this tool exist somewhere that I am not aware of?

Or - What are everyone's thoughts about me creating this sort of tool for our Stake? Would this violate the Church's Website policy?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

heyring wrote: Or - What are everyone's thoughts about me creating this sort of tool for our Stake? Would this violate the Church's Website policy?
I would suggest seeing if the community development would be interested in this. See the FAQ 'What do I do if I have a great idea for a new application?'
heyring

Suggestion Submitted

Post by heyring »

Thanks Ryan,

I have emailed the suggestion as you so kindly pointed out to me.

It is my tendency to want to get other folks opinions on new ideas - or to determine if my idea is not new, but only unknown by me.

Anyone else see the need for this?

Thanks,

Hank Eyring
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

heyring wrote:Being the newly called High Councilor over facilities, it would sure be nice to have an online tool for submitting maintenance requests to the FM group, and to be able to see the status of those requests.
You might want to talk to your FM group and see if they'd be willing to use such a tool. Otherwise, you might as well use Google Docs for your own tracking. (You might even consider Google docs as a "first draft" to see how it works out.)
heyring wrote:Better yet - it would be nice for the Agent Bishops to be able to enter their requests at the ward level and have them routed to me, and then for me to be able to route them to the FM group.
What would be the advantage over email? (Unless it's to allow the bishops to see the status as well.)
heyring wrote:Or - What are everyone's thoughts about me creating this sort of tool for our Stake? Would this violate the Church's Website policy?
It depends on how you interpret it. I could probably argue both sides.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
heyring

Useability of Facility Maintenance Request Tracking

Post by heyring »

Yes - a Vital piece of making the concept would be having the FM group use the tool.

Our FM group was recently given an additional Stake to cover, and their resources and ability to address requests are more and more limited all the time.

I think it is vital to keep the Agent Bishop's informed of what the status is of their requests as I want to encourage them to keep reporting building issues.

The Bishops understand that there are other items that take precedence, but deserve the courtesy of knowing what is going on with the buildings they have stewardship over.

I envision an ongoing status page that tracks status, with items being color coded as to their importance, and tied into the LDS Account login so only Bishopric/Stake Leader/FM Level users can see the information.

It's really all about open communication being utilized to further our efforts to be responsible for these beautiful buildings and properties that we have been blessed with.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”