e-mail addresses and phone numbers MLS and on LDS.org will soon flow back and forth

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
GeeGL

e-mail addresses and phone numbers MLS and on LDS.org will soon flow back and forth

Post by GeeGL »

We received a message that soon, changes made to e-mail addresses and phone numbers MLS and on LDS.org would flow back and forth automatically.

My question is, when will this automatic update system start?

-Greg Gee
ihenpecked

Post by ihenpecked »

The church is quietly preparing a beta launch, involving at least a new calendar and stake directory in the next few weeks. I will assume the beta lds.org will part of this. It is scheduled to remain in beta for most of the year until the final will be released in time for 2011 planning.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

It seems to have started already in some areas. I entered mine and my spouse's email addresses in the beta directory, and then when I went to church, they were entered into MLS.
ihenpecked

Post by ihenpecked »

Are you using beta.lds.org for this?
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Yes.

I will say, however, that I was under the impression that e-mail addresses from LDS Account were going to be ported into MLS at some point. I don't know when that will take place, but it hasn't yet for my ward.

I just made some more changes to a member's contact information from the online directory, and I will know on Sunday if that carries over.
GeeGL

Message from the MLS Support...

Post by GeeGL »

I have been thinking of making an effort to get individuals' email and phone numbers into MLS, but it seems like a waste of time if there is going to be big migration of data from LDS Account into MLS.

I am wondering when the changes will start flowing back and forth.

The message makes it sound like it is imminent.
Here is the message that our unit received from MLS...

Summary: Individual member e-mail information recorded in Church systems (e.g., MLS, LDS Account, Local Unit Web Sites) will now be synchronized.

Description: Individual member e-mail information is currently recorded independently in the following Church systems: MLS, LDS Account and Local Unit Web Sites. Changes are being put into place that will synchronize individual e-mail information across these systems. Individual e-mail changes made in one of these systems will now be recorded in the other systems.

To begin this process, individual e-mail information currently recorded in LDS Account and Local Unit Web Sites will be added to MLS. This information will only be added to MLS if:
- Individual e-mail information is not already recorded in MLS.
- The member has given permission in LDS Account or Local Unit Web Sites for their e-mail information to be displayed on the ward directory

After this one time copying of individual e-mail information into MLS, future changes made to individual e-mail information using one system will be reflected in all systems.

These individual e-mail changes will not:
- Be visible until your next MLS membership refresh.
- Affect any individual e-mail addresses currently recorded in MLS.
- Impact household e-mail information.

Please make any other clerks aware of this change.

Thanks,

Local Unit Support
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Has anyone done a membership refresh yet? I just requested one on Sunday, but am not planning on going back to the Church until Sunday. Just wondered if these came through with the refresh.
GeeGL

I requested a refresh on Sunday

Post by GeeGL »

but no refresh came through as of last night when I was at the church.

-Greg
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, but your'e new here and I have no idea how much experience you have with MLS. Did you request a membership refresh? It isn't automatic. You can make a request through File > Request Membership Refresh (or something like that)
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

nutterb wrote:I hope this doesn't come across as condescending, but your'e new here and I have no idea how much experience you have with MLS. Did you request a membership refresh? It isn't automatic. You can make a request through File > Request Membership Refresh (or something like that)
It helps to give links to the Wiki articles:

https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Unit_data_refresh

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”