Mls 3.1.5

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
drepouille

Mls 3.1.5

Post by drepouille »

A bishop just called to tell me that MLS 3.1.5 downloaded and installed today. After the reboot, MLS refused to start. It said something about missing class files.

Since MLS 3.1.5 is not yet available for download, I guess I will have to reinstall 3.1.4 and restore the latest backup. However, I suspect the latest backup was created before the donation batch was created.

Ugh. Let's hope for the best.

Dana Repouille
Council Bluffs Iowa Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Dana.Repouille wrote:A bishop just called to tell me that MLS 3.1.5 downloaded and installed today. After the reboot, MLS refused to start. It said something about missing class files.

Since MLS 3.1.5 is not yet available for download, I guess I will have to reinstall 3.1.4 and restore the latest backup. However, I suspect the latest backup was created before the donation batch was created.
That sounds really strange. We just barely got a notice that MLS 3.1.5 was coming, and the actual download is always several days if not a couple of weeks after the notice.

I did a Send/Receive this morning, and no update was downloaded. Our stake participates in the beta program, and I did the transmission well before the Sunday time window when downloads are disabled.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Try simple things first. Make sure the computer has been rebooted, and they didnt just restart MLS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Dana.Repouille wrote:A bishop just called to tell me that MLS 3.1.5 downloaded and installed today. After the reboot, MLS refused to start. It said something about missing class files.

Ugh. Let's hope for the best.

Dana Repouille
Council Bluffs Iowa Stake
MLS 3.1.5 isn't available as yet on the church MLS web site and it hasn't been downloaded as far as I can tell. The notice this AM was a notice telling everyone that it was coming in a week or two.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
drepouille

Probably a beta

Post by drepouille »

I think we are still a beta test stake, so I probably shouldn't have posted it here.

I tried to uninstall MLS 3.1.5, but the uninstall hung on the last step, updating the registry. I tried deleting all references to MLS from the registry, and deleting or renaming all folders related to MLS. However, the MLS 3.1.4 installer still complained that the version I am installed is lower than the version already installed. Bummer.

Since I am in the middle of replacing old computers with new computers, I now have the option of switching to the new computer, and restoring the last good backup from MLS 3.1.4 onto the new computer. Saved by the bell!

At another unit today, MLS 3.1.5 installed itself on the OLD computer right before I moved the MLS data to the new computer. I sure hope nothing got messed up in the process. MLS 3.1.4 started OK on the new computer, but I did get the security failure on send/receive, as expected.

I might get home before bedtime tonight. What a busy Sunday.

Dana
Council Bluffs
elliottco-p40

Post by elliottco-p40 »

A beta installer can be downloaded from this link

http://lds.org/mls/beta/test/login

The site is updated anytime a beta patch is posted for the beta units.
drepouille

Thank you

Post by drepouille »

Thank you for the beta site. I can't find the e-mail announcing the beta test and giving me the password for the beta site. That's fine. It can wait another day.

I'm tired, and ready to go home now.

Dana
drepouille

Got the password

Post by drepouille »

I called the support desk and got the password to the MLS beta site. I am downloading the beta now, but the transfer rate is only 7K/sec. It will take a few hours to download the 100MB file. Oh well.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Dana.Repouille wrote:I called the support desk and got the password to the MLS beta site. I am downloading the beta now, but the transfer rate is only 7K/sec. It will take a few hours to download the 100MB file. Oh well.
I would recommend that the next time you need to download something of this size that you find someone with a broadband connection. Download the file onto a flash drive then take it to the church and install it.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
drepouille

Yep

Post by drepouille »

Yes, I am at home using my Cox Internet. I can download at least 10MB/sec on this line, but the beta server is only feeding the data to me at 7KB/sec.

Dana

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”