User Name showing/not showing

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

User Name showing/not showing

Post by zaneclark »

I had a member who signed up for the LUWS yesterday and in checking the list of registered users this morning, I noticed that his user name is showing. Is this something new? I thought all new users had to get an LDS Account and their user names would not show on the list.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I had a member who signed up for the LUWS yesterday and in checking the list of registered users this morning, I noticed that his user name is showing. Is this something new? I thought all new users had to get an LDS Account and their user names would not show on the list.
That's my understanding as well. I just had someone sign up a couple of days ago, and there is no username by her name in the Registered Users list. So I can't explain why you would have a username listed for a new registrant.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

zaneclark wrote:I had a member who signed up for the LUWS yesterday and in checking the list of registered users this morning, I noticed that his user name is showing. Is this something new? I thought all new users had to get an LDS Account and their user names would not show on the list.

The name will still be there, but the old username should no longer show up on the list.

Perhaps this is related to a problem someone else had in another thread where a user registered for an LDS Account but still cannot even access the LUWS. There may be a support side glitch where the computers are not talking to each other right now.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Perhaps this is related to a problem someone else had in another thread where a user registered for an LDS Account but still cannot even access the LUWS.
Do you mean the thread LDS Account Not Recognized for LUWS Logon?

That doesn't sound related to me, since in that thread the person had never logged in to LUWS. The username appears in the Registered users list only if the user logged in using the old NetID credentials and has not logged in since with the new LDS Account credentials.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zaneclark wrote:I had a member who signed up for the LUWS yesterday and in checking the list of registered users this morning, I noticed that his user name is showing.
As I understand it the registration of the LDSAccount does not get tied to the LUWS account with old NetId credentials until the user signs onto the LUWS. If they have not signed onto the LUWS after completing the LDSAccount registration it is possible to still see the old NetID username on the LUWS administrator page. This should not be true for new LUWS users signing up through LDSAccount.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:Do you mean the thread LDS Account Not Recognized for LUWS Logon?

That doesn't sound related to me, since in that thread the person had never logged in to LUWS. The username appears in the Registered users list only if the user logged in using the old NetID credentials and has not logged in since with the new LDS Account credentials.
Yes, that is the thread. Although I did not assume the person had never logged in to LUWS, I can see in reading it again that this is probably the case. The quoted passage was confusing and I was thinking LUWS profiles, not LDS Account profiles.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”