error message and LDS Temple Entry system

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
colbyj-p40

error message and LDS Temple Entry system

Post by colbyj-p40 »

saw a message I've never seen before tonight while trying to activate a member's recommend...a member from our stake. Appears this member went to the temple earlier this week with an expired recommend. Fortunately all the right people were also at the temple and able to conduct necessary interviews. Created the recommend...and then tonight member of the presidency gave me the recommend to activate. When I tried, the error message I get is: The member's stake/mission does not match the stake/mission the recommend was sent to.

Not sure what to make of this?
appreciate any help.
thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

colbyj wrote:The member's stake/mission does not match the stake/mission the recommend was sent to.
I think what it means is that the recommend came from a book that was sent to a different stake. While the right people may have been at the temple, they used some other stake's recommend book.

I think you have two choices: Let the temple activate it (there's been some reports of that happening), or have the bishop fill out a new recommend from the proper book.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj-p40

Post by colbyj-p40 »

great, thank you for the feedback.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Actually, since this all came about because someone went to the temple, there's a good chance that it's already activated.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”