MLS 3.1.4: Duplicate finance tranmission reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
jbh001

MLS 3.1.4: Duplicate finance tranmission reports

Post by jbh001 »

I'm not sure if this started with the update to MLS 3.1.3 or 3.1.4, but MLS now prints out 2 copies of the finance transmission report instead of just 1.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I have not yet tried a clean install of MLS 3.1.4 to see if that fixes the problem. I usually try to do a clean install of MLS every time there is an update, but I was out of town for the upgrades to 3.1.3 and 3.1.4, so they both got patch updates instead of a clean install.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jbh001 wrote:Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes. Very annoying. I believe it started with the new faster communication scheme.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I haven't been there when it's done it, but just in the last month or so as I clean up my ward's office, I've been noticing 2 printouts although when I trained them, I instructed them to only print 1. However, I've noticed it on membership updates, not financial.
theath

Post by theath »

Yes, I have had the same problem on a stake computer.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Fixed in MLS 3.1.5

Post by aebrown »

jbh001 wrote:I'm not sure if this started with the update to MLS 3.1.3 or 3.1.4, but MLS now prints out 2 copies of the finance transmission report instead of just 1.
I did a quick test of this on MLS 3.1.5, and it appears to be corrected.
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

Unfortunately, the duplicate financial transmission report problem survived a clean install of MLS 3.1.5. [sigh]
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jbh001 wrote:Unfortunately, the duplicate financial transmission report problem survived a clean install of MLS 3.1.5. [sigh]

Hmm. I had tested it with the test data (with a clean install) on MLS 3.1.5 when I reported that it seemed to be fixed. I hadn't written an actual check on MLS 3.1.5 until tonight. But it worked fine for me here on the stake computer as well.

So in two separate installations, the bug really does seem to be fixed in MLS 3.1.5. I can't explain why you still have the problem.
atticusewig

Might be just donations

Post by atticusewig »

Might just be affecting donation batches.
I know that this past Sunday, it printed 2 copies
of our donation batch. But considering that the
Sunday before that it tried to print 5 copies
(I usually use the 'print preview' before printing)
I'm not complaining.

- Atticus Ewig
jameslanderson

Post by jameslanderson »

I'm still getting it on 3.1.5 after doing a donation batch and often membership changes as well. I can live with it until it is fixed "for good". We are not that low on paper . . . yet. The dialog box instructing that we must print the Xmsn Rprt will not go away if we cancel, only after we accept to print it exactly twice. Better safe than sorry. Maybe the old problem of some programmers starting counts with "1" and others with "0". "Unity" may be important in the gospel after all.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Until there is a solution to the double printing problem there is a way to get only one print copy. You can select the printer to which the print job goes. Select any of the PDF print drivers you have installed on the computer such as CutePDF Writer. Select a convenient location such as the desktop to save the file. Then you can print the file using the PDF program or even discard it if you so desire. Just remember to remove these confidential PDF files from your computer hard drive after you print from them.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”