Calendar submitter reply

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
rexgj

Calendar submitter reply

Post by rexgj »

When a member submitted a request for an item to be added to the ward calendar, or to another resource, once I approved the request, they would receive an automatic reply that their request had been approved. That no longer happens? Is this also a bug in the updated software? Do they know about this? is it going to be fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rexgj wrote:When a member submitted a request for an item to be added to the ward calendar, or to another resource, once I approved the request, they would receive an automatic reply that their request had been approved. That no longer happens? Is this also a bug in the updated software? Do they know about this? is it going to be fixed?
Sorry about the late response. I just got asked about this in my stake, and I did some testing, and found out that indeed the same thing is happening (or, more accurately, not happening) for us. When a request for a resource or calendar event is either approved or deleted by an administrator, there is no message sent to the submitter.

This did work properly once upon a time, but I don't have enough data to say just when it stopped working. The whole point of the "Administrator's Comments" (which is a required field) is that the administrator can create a message to be sent to the submitter. That message can explain why the request was denied, or why it was approved but adjusted, or anything else related to the approval. With the system not sending out a message, entering administrator comments is a waste of time (but still required).

Can anyone else confirm this? This seems like it would be a pretty significant problem in the administration of LUWS calendars, since submitters would be left hanging, wondering if their events were approved or denied. Some submitters might wander back to the calendar and check the day of the event to see if it has appeared, but they would have no way of knowing if it had been denied or was simply still pending. Administrators who know of this problem could send a separate e-mail to the submitter, but that's extra work, and I'm sure many administrators are just blithely filling in the administrator's comments as they approve or deny requests, unaware that nothing is getting back to the submitter.
srweight

Same here - has been happening for weeks -

Post by srweight »

Alan_Brown wrote:Can anyone else confirm this?
Same here - has been happening for at least two weeks - I just thought that the junk mail folder setting on the receivers part were eating my approvals and rejections.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Could this be a sign of the times? An indicator that the great day is nigh at hand when LUC 2.0 will come to save us from all our calendaring woes?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I just received an e-mail from a distraught sister asking what the status was for her event submittal. It had been disapproved over a week ago for resource conflicts but she did not receive the disapproval notice.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
coloradotechie-p40

Post by coloradotechie-p40 »

nutterb wrote:Could this be a sign of the times? An indicator that the great day is nigh at hand when LUC 2.0 will come to save us from all our calendaring woes?
I sure hope so! :)
ShirtsDre

Resource Submissions

Post by ShirtsDre »

It is confirmed that email communications are not fully functioning with resource submissions. This issue has been logged and will be corrected as soon as it can be addressed.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

BillyBoJimBob wrote:It is confirmed that email communications are not fully functioning with resource submissions. This issue has been logged and will be corrected as soon as it can be addressed.
Thank you for confirming this. I hope that it is also confirmed that this problem extends to calendar event submissions -- it is not just a problem with resource submissions.

I don't know what all the factors are, but in my stake, I would say that "not fully functioning" is an understatement. We have a confirmed, always repeatable, 100% failure rate in automated messages being sent for any approval or denial of any event or resource submission.
ShirtsDre

Post by ShirtsDre »

Alan_Brown wrote:Thank you for confirming this. I hope that it is also confirmed that this problem extends to calendar event submissions -- it is not just a problem with resource submissions.

I don't know what all the factors are, but in my stake, I would say that "not fully functioning" is an understatement. We have a confirmed, always repeatable, 100% failure rate in automated messages being sent for any approval or denial of any event or resource submission.
Yes, also confirmed.
-- Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Live in the present. -- President Thomas S. Monson
ShirtsDre

Issue Corrected!!

Post by ShirtsDre »

You can now receive approval and denial notifications for all calendar submissions.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”