MLS failing to update

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

MLS failing to update

Post by russellhltn »

Last night as I was doing the security updates, I found a ward computer that was still running MLS 3.1.2. This was a older GX270, but the other GX270 we had in the stake hasn't had this problem. A check of the Windows Event Log showed it was last rebooted on Jan 3rd. :eek: I didn't check the MLS log, but since I found MLS was already running, it wouldn't surprise me but MLS hadn't been restarted in some time as well.

When I rebooted the computer, MLS came up as 3.1.4. Since this is a dial-up machine with no other network access, 3.1.4 must have been previously download and just needed the reboot or restart to complete the job.

Something to check if anyone else finds a computer that's not updating MLS as expected.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Last night as I was doing the security updates, I found a ward computer that was still running MLS 3.1.2. This was a older GX270, but the other GX270 we had in the stake hasn't had this problem. A check of the Windows Event Log showed it was last rebooted on Jan 3rd. :eek: I didn't check the MLS log, but since I found MLS was already running, it wouldn't surprise me but MLS hadn't been restarted in some time as well.
You mean that the computer had been running since the 3rd and never turned off? Wow. I though we were supposed to turn them off when we left for the day. I suppose that's one way to avoid the long boot up time, but probably not an approved way. [grin]
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:You mean that the computer had been running since the 3rd and never turned off?
That's what the logs seem to be telling me.
lajackson wrote: I suppose that's one way to avoid the long boot up time, but probably not an approved way. [grin]
That's my guess on why it was like that - and I agree it's not the way it should be done. I turned it off when I left. If it doesn't come back up, I'm sure I'll hear about it. ;)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Then again, maybe they were hoping then old computer would die so they can get a new one like the other wards have. :rolleyes:

lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:Then again, maybe they were hoping then old computer would die so they can get a new one like the other wards have. :rolleyes:
Oh, that we could be so fortunate.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”