Stake Computer Not Updating?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rick.winterton

Stake Computer Not Updating?

Post by rick.winterton »

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I am a stake clerk. I have one unit (just down the hall) whose data is failing to update to the stake computer. This has been going on for over a month. I've contacted support about this and currently, they've "asked the programmers to take a look at it." I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.

Let me describe the first problem. The HP group leadership was changed in December. The HPGL was called to be bishop. The first counselor was called to be HPGL. The second counselor was moved to the first counselor's position. The secretary was called to be the second counselor, and a new secretary was called. I've done all the standard "send membership data to stake" and asked for a refresh on the stake's end, all to no avail. The data simply isn't moving. The CDOL also is incorrect.

The next problem that occurred is that, randomly, membership records disappear from the stake's computer (all from the same ward) and occasionally reappear. I noticed one of my assistant stake clerks disappeared about a week ago. He showed back up today. The 1st counselor in the stake presidency is also from this ward. His family's membership records all disappeared from the stake computer. His record stayed around for a few days -- but in Organization lists, he had no ward (the stake's unit number was shown.). Remember, everything appears normal in the ward's computer. The support person also confirmed that Send/Receive changes is working from that computer.

Like I said, I'm not asking for ideas on how to solve this. Hopefully someone at Church HQ will figure the problem out. I'm wondering if I'm alone with this problem.

Rick
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rwinterton wrote:I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I am a stake clerk. I have one unit (just down the hall) whose data is failing to update to the stake computer. This has been going on for over a month. I've contacted support about this and currently, they've "asked the programmers to take a look at it." I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar problems.
Yes, I had a very similar problem, which is documented in the thread Ward Leadership report not updated. The post I linked to shows that the only way to resolve it was for CHQ to take our MLS database and actually make some sort of fix to the database itself.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”