MLS 3.1.4 - Teachers quorum presidency missing from Callings by Organization report

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
ericb

MLS 3.1.4 - Teachers quorum presidency missing from Callings by Organization report

Post by ericb »

I just ran a Callings by Organization report and noticed the Teachers quorum presidency is missing. I looked at another copy I generated earlier the same evening, and it was also missing the quorum. I generated it the same way I always have in the past. Anyone else notice this on 3.1.4?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ericb wrote:I just ran a Callings by Organization report and noticed the Teachers quorum presidency is missing. I looked at another copy I generated earlier the same evening, and it was also missing the quorum. I generated it the same way I always have in the past. Anyone else notice this on 3.1.4?
It works fine for me. Some questions:
  1. Are you saying that they don't appear when you go to Callings by Organization in the Teachers section?
  2. Or do they appear there, but not when you print?
  3. Are they listed in the Leadership section, or the Other Callings section? (of course, they should be in the Leadership section)
  4. Have you checked to see if those quorum leaders were entered with Standard Callings?
  5. Are you sure they appeared on previous MLS versions? You never mentioned whether that was the case.
  6. If the above looks right, you might try removing one of the callings (making note of the information first, of course) and then adding the calling back.
ericb

Post by ericb »

Alan_Brown wrote:It works fine for me. Some questions:
  1. Are you saying that they don't appear when you go to Callings by Organization in the Teachers section?
  2. Or do they appear there, but not when you print?
  3. Are they listed in the Leadership section, or the Other Callings section? (of course, they should be in the Leadership section)
  4. Have you checked to see if those quorum leaders were entered with Standard Callings?
  5. Are you sure they appeared on previous MLS versions? You never mentioned whether that was the case.
  6. If the above looks right, you might try removing one of the callings (making note of the information first, of course) and then adding the calling back.

1, 2) The Teachers quorum presidency section does not appear when printing the report (it skips from Priests to Deacons). I'd have to check to see if they are included in the list when simply generating the report to the screen. In reviewing the printed report, I don't see any other classes/quorums missing.

3, 4, 5) The callings are in the standard Young Men section with standard callings - it's been that way for the 3 yrs I've been serving. I checked a printout of the report generated on Oct. 15th, and it printed fine.

6) I'll give that a try.
ericb

Troubling resolution

Post by ericb »

So, I checked today and the entire Teachers quorum presidency was missing in MLS. This is the first time I've experienced something like this happening in the 3 yrs I've been serving.

I've also noticed some other strange behavior in MLS related to the adding/changing of callings, as they are not always persisting. Unfortunately, I'm unable to replicate an issue. We received a new system in October, along with a fresh install of MLS, but I've not noticed any problems with callings until the past couple weeks.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

Ward Conf. is coming, and I found that when changing members assigned to callings there is at least some likelihood that MLS will completely delete the position.

For example: I changed the members in the Relief Society Presidency and their positions disappeared, except the Secretary. I don't think this glitch happened immediately because I reviewed my input before moving on to the next auxiliary. Haven't had time to test for ways to replicate yet, but glad I found I'm not the only one with this glitch.

JJ

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”