A spouse is indented with her children on the LUWS

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
psnarula

A spouse is indented with her children on the LUWS

Post by psnarula »

Families on the LUWS are supposed to be indented like this:

Code: Select all

Smith
  Lehi
  Sariah
    Laman
    Lemuel
    Nephi
    Sam
    Jacob
    Joseph
We have one family indented like this:

Code: Select all

Smith
  Lehi
    Sariah
    Laman
    Lemuel
    Nephi
    Sam
    Jacob
    Joseph
Sariah is correctly listed as Lehi's spouse in MLS. How do I get this fixed?

I sent a note to headquarters via MLS and the reply came back that they only do MLS and do not know who is taking care of the LUWS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

psnarula wrote:Sariah is correctly listed as Lehi's spouse in MLS. How do I get this fixed?
In my experience, this happens only when Sariah is not quite properly listed as Lehi's spouse in MLS.

There are a couple of places someone can be listed as a spouse -- on the Current Spouse tab of the Lehi's individual record, and also in the Household Members tab. It is this second place that is critical to how a person is displayed in MLS.

A wife can be correctly listed on the Current Spouse tab, but if she is listed as "Other" in the Household Members tab, then she will not be at the same indentation level as her husband.

If you've already checked the household position, and Sariah is indeed listed as "Spouse" under Household Members, then I don't know how to fix it.
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Wow!!! Have you Lehi's family in your ward? It's wonderfull, but I imagine this is the oldest family of all the Church... and I don't know Lehi is a Joseph Smith's prophet family member... ^_^

(sorry, I can't lost the opportunity to joke about this...)

My question don't will solve your problem, but I need to ask: have you LUWS available in Germany? It's a new feature or you use LUWS for some time now???

Thanks.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

Sariah is correctly listed as the Spouse in the Household Members tab but she is not listed as Lehi's spouse in the current spouse tab on his Individual Record.

This isn't what you thought would be wrong but it seems like it could reasonably be the cause of the problem.

I tried to fix this but MLS won't let me select Sariah as his spouse (she is not in the list of unmarried ladies). A check of the Current Spouse tab on Sariah's Individual Record shows Lehi correctly listed as her husband. Unless you've got more MLS magic for me I'm thinking I'm going to have to write to SLC about this.

Alan_Brown wrote:In my experience, this happens only when Sariah is not quite properly listed as Lehi's spouse in MLS.

There are a couple of places someone can be listed as a spouse -- on the Current Spouse tab of the Lehi's individual record, and also in the Household Members tab. It is this second place that is critical to how a person is displayed in MLS.

A wife can be correctly listed on the Current Spouse tab, but if she is listed as "Other" in the Household Members tab, then she will not be at the same indentation level as her husband.

If you've already checked the household position, and Sariah is indeed listed as "Spouse" under Household Members, then I don't know how to fix it.
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

MorettiDP wrote:have you LUWS available in Germany? It's a new feature or you use LUWS for some time now???
Yes, we have the LUWS. But I am in an English speaking stake for members of the United States Military stationed in Germany. So we are a bit of a special case. The LUWS has been available to my unit for some time.

The Frankfurt Germany Stake (German speaking) has just recently (in the last two months) transitioned from a web presence administered locally to the corporate LUWS. They used to have their information at http://www.pfahl-frankfurt.de/ but now that just redirects to the "Find a Unit" search page. The Frankfurt Stake is here:

https://secure.lds.org/units/stake/1,97 ... 35,00.html

I should ask them how the change is going. I would imagine they've given up control of a lot of things. That will simplify administration but will also reduce functionality in some respects.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

psnarula wrote:Unless you've got more MLS magic for me I'm thinking I'm going to have to write to SLC about this.
I would double-check the listing on her record. Maybe she's linked improperly? Failing all else, use the "special request" feature in MLS to notify the area office. (You can find details in the wiki.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

RussellHltn wrote:(You can find details in the wiki.)
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/index.php/Special_request
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

yep. thanks. i sent a note.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Sorry, I have tried to resist this but I have to tell you that every time I see this thread, my first impression is that the word is indentured, not indented.....:)
psnarula

Post by psnarula »

SLC recorded the marriage on the husband's MR and now the LUWS looks good. Thanks for your help with this.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”