updating ward meeting times

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
colbyj-p40

updating ward meeting times

Post by colbyj-p40 »

hello, I read through some previous posts that deal with this, but I don't know what the LUWS is or did not really understand the comments made.

I am a stake clerk and need to update some meeting times for a few units in our stake. How do we do this as I am not able to make the changes via the admin option on the stake website. I notice the first two lines seem to be controlled by church HQs.

appreciate any help,
thanks,
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:hello, I read through some previous posts that deal with this, but I don't know what the LUWS is or did not really understand the comments made.

I am a stake clerk and need to update some meeting times for a few units in our stake. How do we do this as I am not able to make the changes via the admin option on the stake website. I notice the first two lines seem to be controlled by church HQs.
Stake clerks can't update the meeting times; only individual units can update them in MLS. See Meeting times for instructions how to do this. Then within a couple of days, the changes will be reflected in LUWS.

LUWS stands for Local Unit Website, the Stake and Ward Websites available on lds.org for stakes that choose to participate in the program (which most do). The meeting times appear on LUWS, as well as in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders and a few other places as well.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

colbyj wrote:hello, I read through some previous posts that deal with this, but I don't know what the LUWS is or did not really understand the comments made.
LUWS = Local unit websites or the stake and ward web sites.
colbyj wrote: I am a stake clerk and need to update some meeting times for a few units in our stake. How do we do this as I am not able to make the changes via the admin option on the stake website. I notice the first two lines seem to be controlled by church HQs.
They need to update the meeting times in MLS and do a send/receive. It will then go up to CDOL. After the time shows up in CDOL it will get pushed out to LUWS after 2 days.

The units will need to be on MLS 3.1.3 for it to work.
If they already have the correct time in MLS, then they likely changed it before they upgraded to MLS 3.1.3. If so they can change the time, save it, and change the time back. That will mark the time as changed and it will be sent with the next send/receive.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

colbyj wrote:but I don't know what the LUWS is.
LUWS = Local Unit Web Site - it's the ward and stake websites.

colbyj wrote:I am a stake clerk and need to update some meeting times for a few units in our stake. How do we do this as I am not able to make the changes via the admin option on the stake website. I notice the first two lines seem to be controlled by church HQs.
It's done in the MLS in each ward. It's the flow from MLS to LUWS that's the subject of this thread.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
colbyj-p40

Post by colbyj-p40 »

great, thanks guys! I love this website because you all are so quick to help! many thanks! I've recommended it to all my ward clerks.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”