receiving "held" records

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
colbyj-p40

receiving "held" records

Post by colbyj-p40 »

Hello, below is a question I received from one of the bishops in our stake. I am the stake clerk...appreciate any help.
thanks,
"We have a member who has been attending our ward for over a month, we requested the membership records and received the following report. "MIS Rejection - Held Records. This record you have recently requested has a move restriction on it from the prior unit. The prior bishop has been notified about your request. The prior bishop has the option to keep the record or release it. If the prior bishop releases the record it will be sent to your unit. If you have any further questions, please contact your Stake Clerk."

What do we do?"
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest having the bishop contact the bishop of the other ward. There may be some confidential issues they need to discuss.

To find out who to call, have the bishop call the local leaders support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:What do we do?"
What you are encountering is a Move restriction that was put on the record by the current bishop. That bishop has been notified and will probably contact your bishop so they can discuss the matter. Or your bishop can look up the current bishop in the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders and contact him.
colbyj-p40

Post by colbyj-p40 »

great, thanks for the help. I sure appreciate your responsiveness!

Return to “Membership Help”