LUWS down?

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
aebrown
Community Administrator

LUWS down?

Post by aebrown »

For more than an hour, I have been unable to access LUWS. Whether I click the Ward and Stake Web Sites link from lds.org, or go to wards.lds.org, I simply get the "unable to connect to server" message.

Obviously at this time of day it wouldn't be scheduled maintenance. Are others having the same experience?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:For more than an hour, I have been unable to access LUWS. Whether I click the Ward and Stake Web Sites link from lds.org, or go to wards.lds.org, I simply get the "unable to connect to server" message.

Obviously at this time of day it wouldn't be scheduled maintenance. Are others having the same experience?
Yes. There's a redirect in place that says it's down for maintenance.
http://lds.org/units
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

same results here, I am not getting a redirect though (ff 3.5.7)
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
ayaksich-p40

Same issue

Post by ayaksich-p40 »

I have the same problem. :eek: I'm trying to call some of the members before we start activities tonight and I can't access the directory.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Techgy wrote:Yes. There's a redirect in place that says it's down for maintenance.
http://lds.org/units
Well, I do get that redirect if I go to the URL you specified, but not if I go to wards.lds.org or follow the Ward & Stake Web Sites link from lds.org. Those latter two ways simply are unable to reach the server. It would be helpful to make sure that all the published ways of accessing the sites used the redirect. The one URL that does it is not nearly as prominent as the home page of lds.org, and wards.lds.org is the link promoted in every e-mail sent by LUWS.

Oh well, thanks in any case for the messages confirming my experience.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Alan_Brown wrote:For more than an hour, I have been unable to access LUWS.
It's back up now.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”