Closed year -- not all donations in

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
kcowolf

Closed year -- not all donations in

Post by kcowolf »

I closed out 2009 today and started printing tax statements. One person I handed a statement to asked why it was missing two of her checks. Apparently she donated at tithing settlement (the last week we had it) and mailed another check to the bishop afterwards. We then had two weeks where church was cancelled due to the weather. So now I'm in a situation where we have two of her checks from last year which should have been entered the last week of last year but we weren't able to do so. Is there anything I can do to have her checks appear on her 2009 statement, or am I out of luck since I closed out the year?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kcowolf wrote:I closed out 2009 today and started printing tax statements. One person I handed a statement to asked why it was missing two of her checks. Apparently she donated at tithing settlement (the last week we had it) and mailed another check to the bishop afterwards. We then had two weeks where church was cancelled due to the weather. So now I'm in a situation where we have two of her checks from last year which should have been entered the last week of last year but we weren't able to do so. Is there anything I can do to have her checks appear on her 2009 statement, or am I out of luck since I closed out the year?
Closing the prior year does not stop you from making various adjustments to that year. As long as the donations were received in 2009, you can still put them in a batch dated December 2009. See the wiki article Receiving a donation dated in the prior year.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

All donation received in 2009 and all postmarked in 2009 are to be enterd in 2009 batches. You can create a batch for 31 DEC 2009.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kcowolf

Post by kcowolf »

Okay. Thanks for the help!

Return to “General Discussions”