"Residing With" - IOS Summary

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
kalnius

"Residing With" - IOS Summary

Post by kalnius »

In the individual membership record there is a place for recording who the member is living with, this shows up on the IOS.

I have several situations where the member family unit in question is living with another member (as in a married child living with parents).

In the "Residing with" section, would I put the owner of the home and not the head of house in question?

I hope this makes sense.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Ozzy wrote:In the individual membership record there is a place for recording who the member is living with, this shows up on the IOS.

I have several situations where the member family unit in question is living with another member (as in a married child living with parents).

In the "Residing with" section, would I put the owner of the home and not the head of house in question?
On the individual membership record, there is indeed a "Residing with" section. But that just shows the head of household information. Unless I'm really missing something, there is no entry field on the individual membership record for setting this to any value.

So there's nothing for you to do here -- just make sure people are in the correct household, and the correct value will show up on the individual membership record.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

And also keep in mind that MLS households need not match the physical household grouping. MLS households are grouped the way they are for fellowshipping purposes, like Home Teaching. It is very common to mark a married child living with parents as the head of their own household, to be fellowshipped and home taught separately (and sometimes the same Home Teacher will be given the two MLS households, sometimes not). Their would then be more than one MLS household listed at the same address.
kalnius

Post by kalnius »

Thanks guys - this is helpful to me!

OZ

Return to “Membership Help”