LUWS Calendar Printing Improvement Needed

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
Daryl1

LUWS Calendar Printing Improvement Needed

Post by Daryl1 »

I have had many complaints from memebers that have tried to print out the calendar. The complaint is "Why does one have to select a month, then format, then print, then have to go back start over select another month format then print ect...?" This has been cumbersome.

Please consider this improvement to have a way to format all twelve months at once and then be able to print all twelve. It would also be good if possible to be able to figure a way to select what months one would like to print then format them all at once and then be able to print them. Anyone have any more suggestions ideas about this calendar formatting printing issue?

This would be a practical improvement to the next scheduled version of LUWS.

Thank you,

Mr. Techno
bhofmann

Post by bhofmann »

That is a good idea. I know many people like to have 12 months of calendar to carry around in their binders.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

An immediate work around would be to download the iCal or vCal file, import it into a calendar program such as Mozilla Sunbird or MS Outlook and print from there.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bhofmann wrote:That is a good idea. I know many people like to have 12 months of calendar to carry around in their binders.
I disagree. I've heard horror stories about people who have obtained a calendar in January and use it October to plan a meeting not bothering to update it resulting in conflicts and hard feelings. I'd be careful about making it easy to print calendars too far ahead.

I agree that it should be easy to print this month/next month. But somewhere between that and a 12 month calendar, I think it should be discouraged somehow.
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:I disagree. I've heard horror stories about people who have obtained a calendar in January and use it October to plan a meeting not bothering to update it resulting in conflicts and hard feelings. I'd be careful about making it easy to print calendars too far ahead.

I agree that it should be easy to print this month/next month. But somewhere between that and a 12 month calendar, I think it should be discouraged somehow.
Having an automatic date stamp would be helpful to folks in this situation. Someone in my ward ocassionally prints out a calendar month or two and posts copies to the bulletin board for those without computer and/or printer access. They, too, would benefit from a date stamp.

Added note: The calendar does print with a date and time stamp, thereby making reliance on an old calendar operator error. (No technical improvement needed.)
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

I would like to see the ability to print an entire year's calendar at one button push. It would come in very handy when we are doing event planning for the next year.

If they are printed in landscape mode you are better able to write notes on them.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

avskip wrote:I would like to see the ability to print an entire year's calendar at one button push.
The downside of that feature is that some leaders will print the calender for the whole year, stick it in their binder, and then blindly follow it causing much grief.

I'd want a feature that any calender printed more then 2.5 months in the future is automatically stamped "Preliminary" or "Draft" in 2 inch high letters going diagonally across the page.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

RussellHltn wrote:The downside of that feature is that some leaders will print the calender for the whole year, stick it in their binder, and then blindly follow it causing much grief.

I'd want a feature that any calender printed more then 2.5 months in the future is automatically stamped "Preliminary" or "Draft" in 2 inch high letters going diagonally across the page.

I think a watermark is a good idea!
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:The downside of that feature is that some leaders will print the calender for the whole year, stick it in their binder, and then blindly follow it causing much grief.

Even then you still have events changing maybe one month to one week in advance, I think the watermark is great, though there should be a note to always verify on the on-line ward calendar.
- David
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

there's an app out there called unit list on the run. It will handle the ever changing demands of move-ins, move-outs, and calendar changes. Google it.
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”