Organizing multiple Relief Societies using MLS

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
oh8clerk-p40

Organizing multiple Relief Societies using MLS

Post by oh8clerk-p40 »

Our ward is in the process of going from one to two relief societies. Are there any recommendations on how to organize this using MLS? From what I can see when I go to "Callings by Organization", the different auxiliaries are hardwired into MLS with only one category for Relief Society. Can I create another Relief Society category?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

oh8clerk wrote:Our ward is in the process of going from one to two relief societies. Are there any recommendations on how to organize this using MLS? From what I can see when I go to "Callings by Organization", the different auxiliaries are hardwired into MLS with only one category for Relief Society. Can I create another Relief Society category?
You don't need to add another Relief Society category. When you add a second Group to Relief Society, you'll now see Relief Society 1 and Relief Society 2 listed under the Relief Society organization. Then you can go to the new Relief Society 2 group, and choose Add Members. That will let you check a checkbox for each member you want to move to RS2.

Also, for each group you can select leaders. The standard callings for Relief Society can be added to each. For example, you will have the standard calling Relief Society President added to each one. The leaders of the two distinct groups will also appear in separate sections in the Callings by Organization report.

Return to “Membership Help”