YW/YSAs on the Quarterly Report

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
iamrkh

YW/YSAs on the Quarterly Report

Post by iamrkh »

Regarding the new lines on the quarterly report for tracking the attendance of young single adults in priesthood and Relief Society meetings: in reviewing the MLS-generated list of young single adults (line 12), I find two ward members on the list who are 18-year-old high school students who currently attend YW. Should they be on the list of YSAs?

If yes, in calculating line 13 do I count the two members as attending Relief Society (even though they attend YW)?

If no, how do I remove them from the list of YSAs?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It may not help, but I'd suggest making sure they are assigned to YW and not RS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

Yes, they should be in both Young Women and Young Single Adults. The YSA organization isn't really an organization, nor is it mutually exclusive from Young Women or Relief Society. In fact, every YSA should also be a member of either YW or RS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nutterb wrote:In fact, every YSA should also be a member of either YW or RS.
Unless they belong to PH or YM. :D

Although I can't say as I've heard of someone belonging to YM/YW and YSA...
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

nutterb wrote:Yes, they should be in both Young Women and Young Single Adults. The YSA organization isn't really an organization, nor is it mutually exclusive from Young Women or Relief Society. In fact, every YSA should also be a member of either YW or RS.
Young Men/Women are not involved with Young Single Adults. They belong either with the youth (YM/YW) or with the adults (RS/EQ and YSA). And once they make the transition, they should not go back.

Young Single Adults do belong to either the Relief Society or the elders quorum.
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

I have just noticed the same thing on our Quarterly report. When I click on the link to bring up the members of that group, organization, or whatever, I have a young man that is 18 and still in High School that also shows up on the YM list and not in the prospective elder's list (he hasn't been ordained an elder yet).

Normally when I click on the link for the list, the list will tell me the qualifications for that list (i.e. when I click on women it tells me they are 18 years or older, Under 18 of age and married, Not assigned the Young Women organization, and Assigned to the Relief Society). When I click on the Young Single Adults, it just tells me it is "The number of members 18 through 30 who are unmarried." There should be two more qualifications that says "Not assigned the Young men organization" and "Not assigned the Young women organization." This would disqualify those that are seniors in high school and are still attending YM/YW.
iamrkh

Post by iamrkh »

RussellHltn wrote:It may not help, but I'd suggest making sure they are assigned to YW and not RS.
Thank you for the suggestion. I checked this morning. Both are assigned to YW.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unless someone comes up with a better answer, my personal thought is to mark them active if they are active.

greggo

Post by greggo »

pbhanney wrote:I have a young man that is 18 and still in High School that also shows up on the YM list and not in the prospective elder's list (he hasn't been ordained an elder yet).
An 18 year old male is a YM until he is ordained an Elder or becomes a prospective Elder at age 19 (but the bishop may request that he participate in the Elders Quorum).
nutterb

Post by nutterb »

lajackson wrote:Young Men/Women are not involved with Young Single Adults. They belong either with the youth (YM/YW) or with the adults (RS/EQ and YSA). And once they make the transition, they should not go back.

Young Single Adults do belong to either the Relief Society or the elders quorum.
I wish someone had said it to me like that a couple years ago when I was the stake YSA rep. I got into a turf war with the stake YW president about whether or not I was allowed to introduce high school seniors to the YSA program. We didn't encourage them to attend a lot of YSA activities, preferring that they finish the school year in the YW and Seminary programs, but wanted them to know a few faces before making the transition. I guess I just never really considered the technicalities and focused on the practical implementations.

Return to “Reports and Forms”