New Member Check List form (Template)

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

New Member Check List form (Template)

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

Just sharing this New Member Check list that we use. I just updated it to include Personal Cell #s and email addresses. We usually print it on card stock and then cut the sheet in half. :)
Attachments
New Member Check List.ods
(12.8 KiB) Downloaded 880 times
New Member Check List.pdf
(24.77 KiB) Downloaded 1968 times
Boozer-p40

Post by Boozer-p40 »

Where is the question about moving part of the family or the entire family?

Why would you ask most of this information, when it will be on the records when MLS receives them?

For a large family, this is a lot of useless writing. When the records come in, you hand the member their copy and ask them to verify them then.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

That's a good thought, We hadn't thought of including the question of part or full family to be moved into the ward. We will have to add it.

I think that asking all of this information has several advantages even though most of it is already on the church records, and I will note that not all of it always gets filled out, but it provides the opportunity to do so and it has worked well for us so I decided to share it. This is by no means related to any policy on how to gather new member information, so if other methods are scaled back on the information gathered that works too. Feel free to attach and share other examples and Ideas too.

First, it helps make the new family feel more welcome to be able to list all of the family members, moms especially like to have all family members listed. I have also watched young children be excited when we visit the family for the first time to see there names be included. It extends the impression that we are glad to have everyone in the family.

Second, there is usually some amount of time delay due to various circamstances that it takes to actually get the family records moved to the ward so the Bishop can see and get to know who all of the family members are. This advanced information gives the bishop an immediate and quick overview of the new family or individual(s).
jnaseath

Re: New Member Check List form (Template)

Post by jnaseath »

Here is an updated format. I thinned out some of the content.
Attachments
New Member Template.ods
(7.02 KiB) Downloaded 629 times
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Quick note... I don't see a way to declare the household number vs the cell phones explicitly... I've found that breaking out the Household email&phone with each mobile email&phone is very helpful and avoid re-work or additional work in the future.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

I love the feature of being able to move a record in via the website. It's instantaneous and I can print the membership records of all the family members. Other than musical talents or 'church experience' (I assume that means previous callings?), everything on the 'new member form' I already have access to. If they had family pictures associated with their online directory, those are moved too, which is awesome.

Of course, this feature (moving records in via the website) didn't exist when this thread started back in 2009.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I don't think you need the recommend information or the mission information. All of this will be available for review by the bishop when the record arrives.
sasgrw

Post by sasgrw »

Gary_Miller wrote:I don't think you need the recommend information or the mission information. All of this will be available for review by the bishop when the record arrives.
Yup, that's why my comment said "Other than musical talents or 'church experience'...everything on the 'new member form' I already have access to."

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”