Missing Membership info on Stake Computer

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rldickey-p40

Missing Membership info on Stake Computer

Post by rldickey-p40 »

I am a newly called Stake Clerk to a third stake that was created recently from two other stakes. My problem is that when I print out the Ward Organization report I have two wards that their leadership information is not showing. One of the wards is a YSA ward and their leadership is all out of unit members except for the ward clerk. I have looked on the ward computer and the callings are listed correctly as out of unit.

The other ward only lists the Bishop and not his counselors or clerks.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rldickey wrote:I am a newly called Stake Clerk to a third stake that was created recently from two other stakes. My problem is that when I print out the Ward Organization report I have two wards that their leadership information is not showing. One of the wards is a YSA ward and their leadership is all out of unit members except for the ward clerk. I have looked on the ward computer and the callings are listed correctly as out of unit.

The other ward only lists the Bishop and not his counselors or clerks.
The first thing to check is to make sure that those wards are using standard callings for all these positions. Callings can only be linked properly from ward MLS to stake MLS if the ward uses standard callings. You said the callings are "listed correctly as out of unit". The members should be out of unit members, but the callings should be the regular callings. If the ward has chosen the out of unit versions of the callings, then that explains your problem right there. The out of unit versions of the callings are for such members' home wards, where their membership records are retained (and that ward needs an indication that they do have a calling -- just not in their ward).

If the standard callings are being used, I would then check the online CDOL (cdol.lds.org) to see if those positions show correctly there (do "Show All Positions" for each ward in question). If that's wrong, there are a couple of other things to try, but let's start with those two checks.

Return to “Membership Help”