No data captured from November HomeTeaching reports

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
colbyj-p40

No data captured from November HomeTeaching reports

Post by colbyj-p40 »

Hello, I hope I have not overlooked a similar query already posted... but our stake home teaching report was nearly zeroes across the board. We're not always stellar, but this was very strange. I verified recently with the clerks and nearly all said they reported the data...but it simply did not hit the stake report. My stake MLS shows connected and I did several send/receives to make sure I had updated data... still nothing.

Was there a bug in the recent MLS upgrade that may have affected this? Are we missing something?
Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

colbyj wrote:Hello, I hope I have not overlooked a similar query already posted... but our stake home teaching report was nearly zeroes across the board. We're not always stellar, but this was very strange. I verified recently with the clerks and nearly all said they reported the data...but it simply did not hit the stake report. My stake MLS shows connected and I did several send/receives to make sure I had updated data... still nothing.

Was there a bug in the recent MLS upgrade that may have affected this? Are we missing something?

The MLS 3.1.3 and 3.1.4 Release Notes said:
Corrected Stake Home Teaching Data Problem. The problem that prevented stakes and districts from receiving home teaching data has been corrected.

This sounds exactly like what you are describing. The bug is described as fixed, but it's not clear just what needs to happen after the fix. Does each ward have to do a transmission after upgrading to at least 3.1.3, followed by the stake doing a Send/Receive also after upgrading? I don't know, but something like that is conceivable.
colbyj-p40

Post by colbyj-p40 »

thank you, at least that confirms my hunch that we were not totally screwed up on our reporting! I'm thinking the only fix will be to have units resend data, and it'll either show up automatically, or be included in the December report which we'll see after 12 January.
dwterry-p40

Post by dwterry-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote: Does each ward have to do a transmission after upgrading to at least 3.1.3, followed by the stake doing a Send/Receive also after upgrading?
Correct. The bug was on the stake receiving side. The data was thrown away rather than imported into the database. So the wards will need to retransmit.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”