Entering a donation that's not a donation.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
stanglenn-p40

Entering a donation that's not a donation.

Post by stanglenn-p40 »

For some time our ward has had funds taken out for a missionary whose family moved to a new ward. Things finally got squared away, but now I see $1200 in mission payments on my financial statement that I somehow need to get into MLS. I thought maybe do it as a donation, but it's already deposited. I don't think it would be a transfer because where would I transfer it from?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

stanglenn wrote:I thought maybe do it as a donation, but it's already deposited. I don't think it would be a transfer because where would I transfer it from?
How did the $1200 get deposited if not though MLS? Was it a credit from CHQ? If that's the case, I'd guess that you'd take care of it during reconciliation, but Alan would know.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daveywest

Post by daveywest »

I experienced a similar situation early in my calling as a finance clerk.

When you reconcile the statement, enter the adjustment on the other items page like you normally record a monthly missionary assessment. The only difference is the $1200 will be a positive amount where the monthly missionary assesment is entered as a negative amount.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Bro_West wrote:When you reconcile the statement, enter the adjustment on the other items page like you normally record a monthly missionary assessment. The only difference is the $1200 will be a positive amount where the monthly missionary assesment is entered as a negative amount.
That's exactly right. It's not a donation -- it's simply a credit on the CUFS. Just make sure on the Other Items page that you specify the correct missionary subcategory for that credit.
stanglenn-p40

Post by stanglenn-p40 »

awesome. thank you!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”