Materials order form

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
gdow

Materials order form

Post by gdow »

We have a form to track membership updates to MLS and to reimburse checks, but I seem to have nothing for requests to order Church materials.

We want out auxiliary heads to fill out a form to give to me before I order materials that also requires the bishop's signature prior to purchase, but would also indicate what they wanted, including the totals.

I was looking for just a generic downloadable order form on the catalog site but could only find the annual materials order form.

Anyone have any ideas?

- Garrett Dow
Kelly Creek Ward Clerk
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

gdow wrote:We want our auxiliary heads to fill out a form to give to me before I order materials that also requires the bishop's signature prior to purchase, but would also indicate what they wanted, including the totals.

I was looking for just a generic downloadable order form on the catalog site but could only find the annual materials order form.
The 2010 Annual Church Materials Order Form seems to be the ideal mechanism for auxiliaries to report what they want. It has several benefits:
  • Separate pages for each auxiliary, so you can hand the Primary page to the Primary president, the Sunday School page to the Sunday School president, etc.
  • Item prices and spaces for quantities
  • Total for each page
  • It is the same form you will use to place the order, so it will be easy to unambiguously identify just what is requested.
The only requirement you listed that is not satisfied by the materials order form is a place for the bishop's authorization. I would solve that by using the Expense Authorization form that your ward already surely has for authorizing expenses (if you don't have one, there are several examples on the wiki under Expenses: Forms). That form will have a place for the bishop to sign, and include information about the requester (the auxiliary leader).

Staple the materials order form to the expense authorization form and you you should meet all the requirements with minimal effort for you or for the auxiliary heads. Combining two existing forms eliminates the need to create a new form.
gdow

Post by gdow »

I like it. Thanks!

Return to “Reports and Forms”