How is Sealed to Former Spouse corrected?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
charly3358-p40

How is Sealed to Former Spouse corrected?

Post by charly3358-p40 »

I can't get this fixed: A previous clerk some 6 years ago mistakenly added into my record that my wife died but not date was recorded. My record then had the standard "Sealed to prior spouse" line added about 2/3rds way down the page, as with all widows/widowers and divorced members.

But, alas, my wife never died, as far as I know :p , but there has been no way to correct this on my record. We added her details in, the original marriage date etc, and it enters as a second marriage and we can't seem to removed that annotation "Sealed to prior spouse". Neither will MLS allow us to entre the sealing date (from '91) because a note comes up saying 'sealed to prior spouse (or previous??)

Is there anyway to reverse that error and go back to a normal record which has the civil marriage date ( 8 March) and the Sealing date ( 9 March) without that 'sealed to previous spouse' annotation on the record?

Any suggestions are welcomed.
Charlie :confused:
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

charly3358 wrote:I can't get this fixed: A previous clerk some 6 years ago mistakenly added into my record that my wife died but not date was recorded. My record then had the standard "Sealed to prior spouse" line added about 2/3rds way down the page, as with all widows/widowers and divorced members.

But, alas, my wife never died, as far as I know :p , but there has been no way to correct this on my record. We added her details in, the original marriage date etc, and it enters as a second marriage and we can't seem to removed that annotation "Sealed to prior spouse". Neither will MLS allow us to entre the sealing date (from '91) because a note comes up saying 'sealed to prior spouse (or previous??)

Is there anyway to reverse that error and go back to a normal record which has the civil marriage date ( 8 March) and the Sealing date ( 9 March) without that 'sealed to previous spouse' annotation on the record?

Any suggestions are welcomed.
I can't find any way to do this using MLS to actually make the correction. For unusual situations such as this, often the only way to correct the problem is to send a Special request through MLS. Make sure you explain the situation as clearly as possible, including the specific corrections that need to be made. Then the Membership Department can manually make the correction.
charly3358-p40

Post by charly3358-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:I can't find any way to do this using MLS to actually make the correction. For unusual situations such as this, often the only way to correct the problem is to send a Special request through MLS. Make sure you explain the situation as clearly as possible, including the specific corrections that need to be made. Then the Membership Department can manually make the correction.
Thanks Alan,

We did write once to the Area here through MLS but they never answered, so we'll try again. It's seems true that only they can change this, or only they have access to those fields.
Charlie :confused:

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”