High priest's attendence rule

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
slh531977-p40

High priest's attendence rule

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I recently went to print a new roll off for the high priest's. When I did so, it showed the Elders/prospective elders, and high priests on the roll. Before it used to show the HighPriests and prospective elders. Is this a change to 3.1.2? Is there a way to see the roll w/out the elders.

The elders roll shows only the high priests so I'm not sure why the high priests show everybody?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

slh531977 wrote:I recently went to print a new roll off for the high priest's. When I did so, it showed the Elders/prospective elders, and high priests on the roll. Before it used to show the HighPriests and prospective elders. Is this a change to 3.1.2? Is there a way to see the roll w/out the elders.

The elders roll shows only the high priests so I'm not sure why the high priests show everybody?
The default display of members for the High Priests is the office of "All". If you went to Organizations > High Priests and then clicked the "Print" button without limiting the selection of members you will be printing the "Organization Report for High Priests (High Priests)" for all members which includes High Priests, Elders, and Prospective Elders. To limit the report to just High Priests select "High Priest" for the "Office:" in the "Members" section of the High Priest organization.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

slh531977 wrote:The elders roll shows only the high priests so I'm not sure why the high priests show everybody?
The offices available for the Elders is Elder and Prospective Elder. High Priest is not available from the Elder organization.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

slh531977 wrote:I recently went to print a new roll off for the high priest's. When I did so, it showed the Elders/prospective elders, and high priests on the roll. Before it used to show the HighPriests and prospective elders. Is this a change to 3.1.2? Is there a way to see the roll w/out the elders.

MLS 3.1.2 is correctly generating these rolls for me the same way previous versions of MLS did.

The high priests attendance roll should show the high priests and prospective elders by default, and the elders attendance roll should show just the elders by default.

Unless some one has manually moved elders into the high priests group and high priests into the elders quorum between the last time you printed the rolls and MLS 3.1.2, what you describe should not be happening at all.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Sorry for adding to the confusion. I did not catch that "attendance" rolls were the issue. It is as jbh001 describes for attendance rolls. I also see no changes from past versions of MLS to version 3.1.2

It is not hard to inadvertently have selected both High Priests and Elders when viewing/printing the roles.
JD Lessley
slh531977-p40

Post by slh531977-p40 »

I doubled and triple checked this and when I check just the HighPriest roll, all priesthood holders show up. If I check just the Elders, only the Elders show up. I checked the High priests records and they are all still assigned to to the High Priests, so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm not sure if it was the upgrade that is causing the issue or something else caused the issue. Maybe I'm the issue :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

slh531977 wrote:I doubled and triple checked this and when I check just the HighPriest roll, all priesthood holders show up. If I check just the Elders, only the Elders show up. I checked the High priests records and they are all still assigned to to the High Priests, so I'm not sure what is going on. I'm not sure if it was the upgrade that is causing the issue or something else caused the issue.
You said that the High Priests are assigned to the High Priests organization, but it seems to me that the more important question is if the Elders are assigned to the High Priests organization. So the first thing I would check is to go to Organizations > High Priests and look in the Members section of that screen.

Do the Elders appear in that list? If so, then the roll is accurately reflecting the members of the organization. In that case, you just need to remove the Elders from the High Priests organization. You can do this by clicking on the Priesthood column header of the Members section so that all the Elders will be together, and then click the Remove link for each Elder.

If the Elders do not appear in the High Priests organization, but still appear on the High Priests roll, then I'm not sure what is going on. That would appear to be some strange database problem, and my only recommendation would be to contact Local Unit Support.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”