New CDOL problem loading with Safari

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
mprusse

New CDOL problem loading with Safari

Post by mprusse »

I'm attempting to load & log into the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (https://cdol.lds.org) and getting the following error when using Safari on my Mac:

This page contains the following errors:
error on line 57 at column 50: Attribute type redefined
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

I do not have this problem with Firefox nor have I had the problem in the recent months using Safari. Can other Mac users using Safari confirm this problem? How do we report this problem?

Thank you.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

macsense wrote:How do we report this problem?
There is a Feedback link in CDOL after logging in (even if you don't have permissions to use any of the content on the site, as I don't).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

macsense wrote:I'm attempting to load & log into the Church Directory of Organizations and Leaders (https://cdol.lds.org) and getting the following error when using Safari on my Mac:
I do not have this problem with Firefox nor have I had the problem in the recent months using Safari. Can other Mac users using Safari confirm this problem? How do we report this problem?
The same problem occurs with Safari on Windows, so it seems to be related to the Safari browser on any OS. I have used the feedback mechanism of CDOL to report the problem.

For those who are interested, it appears that there is a <button> element (id="j_submit") at the indicated location that has two "type" attributes. They both have a value of "submit", so they are redundant. Other browsers ignore the duplicate attribute, but Safari refuses to render the rest of the page, which makes it impossible to login (since it's the Submit button that doesn't get rendered). This seems to be a new problem with rev 2.3.2, which just went live yesterday.
cottrells

Post by cottrells »

Alan_Brown wrote:The same problem occurs with Safari on Windows, so it seems to be related to the Safari browser on any OS. I have used the feedback mechanism of CDOL to report the problem.
It's not just Safari. The same error is displayed when using Google Chrome.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

macsense wrote:I do not have this problem with Firefox
Just for the record, I do have display problems when I use Firefox (3.5.5) on Win XP Pro. Some of the menus at the top right appear as a single line. I have learned what and where they are, but if I want to actually see them, I have to fire up IE, and I do not do that as a rule.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:Just for the record, I do have display problems when I use Firefox (3.5.5) on Win XP Pro. Some of the menus at the top right appear as a single line. I have learned what and where they are, but if I want to actually see them, I have to fire up IE, and I do not do that as a rule.

Have you checked that since Monday (14 December 2009)? I had those problems previously with Firefox as well, but no longer with rev 2.3.2 of CDOL, which I was very happy to see.

So at the same time the new problems with Safari and Chrome were introduced, the problems with Firefox were corrected (see Job 1:21).
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:I was very happy to see.

. . . the problems with Firefox were corrected (see Job 1:21).
Hallelujah. Verily it is true. (2 Ne 30:17)
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

cottrells wrote:It's not just Safari. The same error is displayed when using Google Chrome.
Indicating that it is not a problem with Safari per se as much as it is with WebKit which both Safari and Chrome use.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Alan_Brown wrote:For those who are interested, it appears that there is a <button> element (id="j_submit") at the indicated location that has two "type" attributes. They both have a value of "submit", so they are redundant. Other browsers ignore the duplicate attribute, but Safari refuses to render the rest of the page, which makes it impossible to login (since it's the Submit button that doesn't get rendered). This seems to be a new problem with rev 2.3.2, which just went live yesterday.
Thanks for the tip.

This was a known issue, but we hadn't really looked at it.

With this info I was able to fix the problem quickly. Now the only downside is that you have to wait for the next release.
mprusse

How soon for the next release?

Post by mprusse »

ryan jones wrote:Thanks for the tip.

This was a known issue, but we hadn't really looked at it.

With this info I was able to fix the problem quickly. Now the only downside is that you have to wait for the next release.
Any timeline on when that release will be available? I use Safari almost exclusively and need to be in CDOL quite frequently. It's just an inconvenience to have to launch FireFox for CDOL. But I'll try and be patient.

Thanks.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”