HTML5 on Mobile Devices

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
TechnoBabel-p40

HTML5 on Mobile Devices

Post by TechnoBabel-p40 »

Instead of writing mobile LDS apps that only work for one device or the other, how about just write the application once for ALL devices? Now that makes a lot better sense! HTML5 is the way to go.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=5547&tag=nl.e539
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I read the same blog and was thinking the same thing.

I need to give feedback, but in some ways the current labs are actually less functional on my Droid then LUWS. For example in LUWS I can touch a phone number to dial it. But in labs it gives me a magnified phone number. I can't dial it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
TechnoBabel-p40

Post by TechnoBabel-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:I read the same blog and was thinking the same thing.

I need to give feedback, but in some ways the current labs are actually less functional on my Droid then LUWS. For example in LUWS I can touch a phone number to dial it. But in labs it gives me a magnified phone number. I can't dial it.

You got a DROID? I'm jealous. Two more months until I get my DROID. :)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, the heavily advertised Motorola Droid. (There's also a HTC Droid.)

But to move back on-track, here's a few more links about HTML5:

Comparison of layout engines (HTML5)

Google Bets Big on HTML 5

Why Google Is Killing Gears & Pushing HTML5

Right now the standards are not set. And the mobile market is still changing, but I think it's going to be an exciting time ahead.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “General Discussions”