Enhancing email messages

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Enhancing email messages

Post by zaneclark »

Has anyone found a way around the limits on broadcast emails? I would like to make some words bold or underlined or something to make the message a little more eye catching. So far all I have been able to do is is to use spacing and block letters... Is there a fix around this?

Zane
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Has anyone found a way around the limits on broadcast emails? I would like to make some words bold or underlined or something to make the message a little more eye catching. So far all I have been able to do is is to use spacing and block letters... Is there a fix around this?
Broadcast e-mails are sent as plain text, so there's no way to include any kind of HTML. So I think you are limited to using spacing and uppercase to provide any kind of emphasis.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Alan_Brown wrote:Broadcast e-mails are sent as plain text, so there's no way to include any kind of HTML. So I think you are limited to using spacing and uppercase to provide any kind of emphasis.

Although the e-mails go as plain text, some readers will bold a word that has asterisks in front of or behind it, *bold*, for example. You cannot count on it, though.

(And the readers should not do it, IMO.)
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

"Broadcast emails?".
I looked trhough Internet and found out many "broadcast email" software with HTML support. Is this what you mean or am I wrong?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think he's talking about doing a broadcast from LUWS. It's something the admin can do.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Thank you Russel. Italy is not yet included into LUWS. So, no way to know about its features.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”