Unable to update pictures in the Ward Directory

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
kevinjbutler-p40

Unable to update pictures in the Ward Directory

Post by kevinjbutler-p40 »

I'm attempting to update pictures in the Ward Directory, and it is silently failing. I have administrator access. I have resized the pictures to 180x135 or smaller, and well under 50K.

When I submit the picture update, the system does not report an error, but the picture is not attached to the directory record.

In two cases when I attempted to update an older image on a record, it removed the old image without adding the new image.

I was able to do this successfully in early November.

Any help (replicate the problem? "it works for me?") is appreciated.

Thanks

kb
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kevinjbutler wrote:I'm attempting to update pictures in the Ward Directory, and it is silently failing.
Any help (replicate the problem? "it works for me?") is appreciated.
You're not the only one; this is a problem affecting everyone right now. In this post, a Church employee confirms that it is a bug and that the LUWS programmers "are looking into it." In this post, another Church employee says it is "resolved and will be released shortly"; that was almost two weeks ago, so hopefully "shortly" is not too much longer.
kevinjbutler-p40

Alan_Brown wrote:You're not the only one; this is a problem affecting everyone right now. In this post, a Church employee confirms that it is a bug and that the LUWS programmers "are looking into it." In this post, another Church employee says it is "resolved and will be released shortly"; that was almost two weeks ago, so hopefully "shortly" is not too much longer.
Thanks for the info - I see that "Local Unit Web Sites" would have been the better place for my question!

I'll watch those threads.

Thanks again!

kb
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kevinjbutler wrote:Thanks for the info - I see that "Local Unit Web Sites" would have been the better place for my question!
Good point -- I agree, so I moved this thread to that forum.
zaneclark

It's fixed!

Post by zaneclark »

I found it working last night and have uploaded about 30 photos last night and this morning... Thanks to whoever fixed the bug.
kevinjbutler-p40

Yes, fixed.

zaneclark wrote:I found it working last night and have uploaded about 30 photos last night and this morning... Thanks to whoever fixed the bug.
Worked for me last night as well. Hurrah!

kb

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”