Resources Problem

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
zaneclark

Resources Problem

Post by zaneclark »

I am a stake administrator and I am having a difficult time getting the resource feature to work properly. We have 3 multiple ward buildings in our stake so according to the help screen these are all stake and not ward resources. I went to each ward and deleted them on the green screen as ward resources and added them to the stake resources but some of them still show as ward resources. (One one, when you open the resource link, it shows the building listed as a resource but when I go to the green admin screen to delete it, it tells me there no resources for this ward.) There is a person properly designated as the resource administrator in each building. In testing this, in one of the buildings, any request for a resource comes to me as the stake administrator, not to the person listed to receive the requests.

I think I have done my homework....I have tried to find every previous discussion on this topic, I have read everything I can in the help screens...and I am still not able to get the this straightened out. Is there some help links I have missed other than this forum?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I am a stake administrator and I am having a difficult time getting the resource feature to work properly. We have 3 multiple ward buildings in our stake so according to the help screen these are all stake and not ward resources. I went to each ward and deleted them on the green screen as ward resources and added them to the stake resources but some of them still show as ward resources. (One one, when you open the resource link, it shows the building listed as a resource but when I go to the green admin screen to delete it, it tells me there no resources for this ward.) There is a person properly designated as the resource administrator in each building. In testing this, in one of the buildings, any request for a resource comes to me as the stake administrator, not to the person listed to receive the requests.

I think I have done my homework....I have tried to find every previous discussion on this topic, I have read everything I can in the help screens...and I am still not able to get the this straightened out. Is there some help links I have missed other than this forum?
You may already be aware of this, but just to clarify: If a stake resource has been designated for a ward (meaning that the stake administrator on Resources > Change has checked the ward under "Resource Assigned to"), then for that ward on the regular user pages (blue screen), it will appear as a ward resource.

Even though on the blue pages these shared resources may appear to be ward resources, they are truly stake resources. All administration of these resources has to begin from the stake page -- whether it is done by a designated resource administrator or by a stake administrator.

As for the requests coming to the wrong administrator for one of the buildings, that's tougher to explain. I'd just recommend you double check who is set to receive the e-mails. After all, any administrator can change who is supposed to receive the e-mails, so if you haven't double checked that recently, it's possible that someone else reconfigured it. To check this:
  1. Start at the stake page, and go into Administrator Options.
  2. Under Resources, choose Change or Delete
  3. By the desired resource, click Change
  4. Down in the Administrators section, click "Click here to Change or Delete administrators"
  5. Make sure the notification radio button is selected for the correct administrator.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Alan_Brown wrote:You may already be aware of this, but just to clarify: If a stake resource has been designated for a ward (meaning that the stake administrator on Resources > Change has checked the ward under "Resource Assigned to"), then for that ward on the regular user pages (blue screen), it will appear as a ward resource.

Even though on the blue pages these shared resources may appear to be ward resources, they are truly stake resources. All administration of these resources has to begin from the stake page -- whether it is done by a designated resource administrator or by a stake administrator.

As for the requests coming to the wrong administrator for one of the buildings, that's tougher to explain. I'd just recommend you double check who is set to receive the e-mails. After all, any administrator can change who is supposed to receive the e-mails, so if you haven't double checked that recently, it's possible that someone else reconfigured it. To check this:
  1. Start at the stake page, and go into Administrator Options.
  2. Under Resources, choose Change or Delete
  3. By the desired resource, click Change
  4. Down in the Administrators section, click "Click here to Change or Delete administrators"
  5. Make sure the notification radio button is selected for the correct administrator.
Thank you! It works! Once again the value of this forum is demonstrated. I have been doing this a long time and figured that if I read all the instructions I could figure it out but I missed the "Resource Assigned to." Thank you again!

Zane

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”