LUWS User Accounts

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
kalnius

LUWS User Accounts

Post by kalnius »

In the administrator access site, under "registered users" - there are several ward members with visible user names. The headding to the page indicates that if the user name is visible, the member has not "migrated" their account to an LDS Account.

How does the member to that - and what does that mean? Is there anything that I, as an administrator must do to facilitate that change?

I there a wiki on the LUWS - there must be since there is one for every other aspect of a clerks job! =)

OK - I found the wiki on it.

Thanks.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Formerly, LUWS used NetID for member registration, but a while back it migrated to LDS Account. When users login to their LUWS with old NetID credentials, they are given an opportunity to update to LDS Account. I believe what you are seeing is a list of those that haven't updated their accounts yet.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Ozzy wrote:In the administrator access site, under "registered users" - there are several ward members with visible user names. The headding to the page indicates that if the user name is visible, the member has not "migrated" their account to an LDS Account.

How does the member to that - and what does that mean? Is there anything that I, as an administrator must do to facilitate that change?
To create an LDS Account, the user needs their membership number and birthdate. To facilitate the switch, you could provide members with their membership numbers. Other than that, it's really a function of how much your ward relies on the LUWS. If it is not used, it just becomes another login to forget. If your ward uses it frequently, members will be using if frequently and those who have not switched will feel some drive to create an account.

The member creates an LDS account by either going to the LUWS login page and clicking on "Obtain an LDS Account" or by going directly to the LDS account page.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

During the transition, there was a streamlined method to get a LDS Account if you already had a NetID account. Is that still in effect?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I don't think so, although I don't see why not. I tried helping someone 2 weeks ago. Their old login did not work at all - no prompts to create the new account, etc. He had to go to the LDS account page to create a login.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”