Spell check

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
thomasjking

Spell check

Post by thomasjking »

i have been working on our unit website would it be possible to put a spell check system on all the church sites?:)
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

thomasjking wrote:i have been working on our unit website would it be possible to put a spell check system on all the church sites?:)
Might I suggest a spell check utility that plugs into IE, rather than the Unit Website. I am currently using a utility called ieSpell. It is the same utility recommended by this vBulletin forum. When you click the spell check button when writing a post, it actually makes a call to the ieSpell plugin of the browser.

The nice thing about a browser plugin spell checker is that it can be used on any site, and not just the unit site.

Hope this helps.
nbflint

Post by nbflint »

Firefox 2.0 includes a spell check. The misspelled words appear red underlined in the text box on any site.

thomasjking

Post by thomasjking »

iespell is great
thank you ever so much
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I use IESpell myself (It helps me sound intelligent when I can spell things correctly :D ) One issue I've had is that once I run it on a screen, any further typing tends to trigger the Alt menus. I haven't been able to fix it and so far have been unable to submit the problem to the IESpell group.

If you spellcheck only when you're completely done, you're fine. But if you're like me and tend to add some more once you've done a check, it might create some problems.

Return to “General Discussions”