Reimbursement to Budget

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
carlsond-p40

Reimbursement to Budget

Post by carlsond-p40 »

Hello,

I'm the new finance clerk for our ward. Funds were taken from the primary budget for the cub scouts to build something. The stake liked it so much that they purchased it from our ward. Now I have a check that I'm not sure how to credit back to the primary budget and deposit the check. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Dan
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

carlsond wrote:I'm the new finance clerk for our ward. Funds were taken from the primary budget for the cub scouts to build something. The stake liked it so much that they purchased it from our ward. Now I have a check that I'm not sure how to credit back to the primary budget and deposit the check. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum!

All you need to do is process the check in a regular donation batch:
  • The donor is the stake (if you don't already have a donor record for the stake, create one of type "Another unit" -- you can get the unit number from the check).
  • The donation category is Budget:Primary (as you enter the donation, click on the blue Budget link among the categories on the left side, then you can select the appropriate subcategory).
That will have the effect of increasing the net budget allocation available for the Primary (and for the ward in total).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Process it like it was a donation. But credit it to budget. The donor is the stake.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”