New Audit Forms

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aebrown
Community Administrator

New Audit Forms

Post by aebrown »

I just noticed that there are new financial audit forms in MLS 3.1. The MLS 3.1 release notes mentioned that there were new international audit forms for units outside the US/Canada, but there was no mention of the revamped audit forms for US/Canada.

Here are some of the changes to the forms that I noticed:
  1. The FHC audit is unchanged, but the Stake and Ward audits have been revamped.
  2. The Instruction section is greatly expanded with pictures and a deeper explanation of the organization, process, and in particular the particular responsibilities of each person involved in the process.
  3. For deposits and expenses that are tested for accuracy and completeness, the auditor is now required to fill out a worksheet that lists each item that was tested.
  4. We now are required to send in all of sections 2, 3, and 4, which means that we are sending 7 pages instead of 2, so even if we send it on double-sided copies, that means 4 sheets of paper per unit instead of 1.
That last point is interesting because I know that a few years ago the Church Auditing Department made a particular issue of telling us not to include any extra pieces of paper in the forms we submitted. The person we were talking to said something along the lines of: "Do you know how many extra thousands of pages we would have to file if each unit of the Church gave us just one extra sheet of paper on each audit?" But now we are quadrupling the number of pages we send in to the auditing department.
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

Hmmm, sounds like we may have a bit more work to do when we do the next round of audits. Thanks for the "heads up" Alan. I'll have to have a good look at that when we get 3.1 downloaded.
golfteam

New Audit forms

Post by golfteam »

There is currently no way to print the audit forms off of MLS using duplex (both sides)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

$clerk wrote:There is currently no way to print the audit forms off of MLS using duplex (both sides)
Even if you have a duplex printer?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gpetersen-p40

Post by gpetersen-p40 »

RussellHltn wrote:Even if you have a duplex printer?

When I tried it several versions ago, MLS used its own print routine when printing the audit forms which did not allow for duplex printing. I think you should be able to print it as a PDF file using CutePDF, then print the PDF file using a duplex printer in Windows.
golfteam

Duplexing

Post by golfteam »

$clerk wrote:There is currently no way to print the audit forms off of MLS using duplex (both sides)

Support "This is a known limitation of the current version of the software. We are working on fix that should be out in the future. Sorry for the inconvience"
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

$clerk wrote:Support "This is a known limitation of the current version of the software. We are working on fix that should be out in the future. Sorry for the inconvience"
If you don't mind a little digging, you can do what I suggested in another post:
Alan_Brown wrote:By the way, if you use a utility such as 7-Zip on the C:\Program Files\LDS Church\MLS\mods\modaudit.jar, you can extract the actual PDF files, which are smaller and crisper than anything CutePDF writer generates.
Then with those actual PDF files, you can simply print them from Acrobat Reader, where you can easily specify that they are to be printed on both sides (if you have a duplex printer).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”