Tithing Envelopes with Phone update form on the back.

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Tithing Envelopes with Phone update form on the back.

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

With the fairly constant changing of phone numbers because of new technologies that cause people to get a different phone number, and more family members having their own phone, it would be a simple way to help encourage members to help ward clerks keep their phone numbers up to date by having a pre-printed form put on the backs of tithing envelopes when they are printed with the Bishops information.
Since MLS now supports phone numbers for each individual, this would be an easy way of collecting updated information. The Form could read:

Do you have a new phone number? To Keep Ward/Branch records up to date,
please enter your name and phone number here.

Family Name:____________________House Phone:____________________

Individual Name:__________________Cell Phone:______________________

Individual Name:__________________Cell Phone:______________________
Only use this form when this envelope is Not mailed.

This is just one idea, maybe someone knows a simpler method. Though I would post this here anyway to see what others think and how to get it implemented if it turns out to be a workable solution.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Great suggestion! I would also include a spot for each individual's email address as well.

During batch processing, instead of having the envelopes hit the bottom of a waste basket (sometimes only moments after they are sealed) put the ones with info on them in the membership clerk's inbox. I love it!

Of course, for privacy, folks may not want to use this feature if they send it through the mail. How about a simple pre-printed slip that sits behind the available donation slips that can be filled out and stuffed inside the envelope with the above information? That way it remains private until opened and is not as likely to be casually discarded as an empty envelope might be.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Mikerowaved wrote:Great suggestion! I would also include a spot for each individual's email address as well.

During batch processing, instead of having the envelopes hit the bottom of a waste basket (sometimes only moments after they are sealed) put the ones with info on them in the membership clerk's inbox. I love it!

Of course, for privacy, folks may not want to use this feature if they send it through the mail. How about a simple pre-printed slip that sits behind the available donation slips that can be filled out and stuffed inside the envelope with the above information? That way it remains private until opened and is not as likely to be casually discarded as an empty envelope might be.

I like this very much! i am going to approach my bishop on Sunday with this idea including a sample form.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you want to go with the back of the envelope, you could probably get a stamp made up at a local business so that you could stamp of the form on the back of the tithing envelopes.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
elderlarryhawkes-p40

Post by elderlarryhawkes-p40 »

Instead of printing on the back of the tithing envelope, I decided to create the attached form that we can print on card stock and cut. Then put them in the holder behind the tithing slips and let members take and fill them out as needed.:)
One of the attachments is in OpenOffice format so you can edit to your liking.:D
Attachments
Update Personal info for Ward.ods
(9.53 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Update Personal info for Ward.pdf
(13.81 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”